·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
not sure on these ones, but I sent back tailights that leaked because they did not seal the outer lip edges and water got into the housing. whatever you buy. get some permatex clear silicone sealant and seal the outer edges of the housings.

My thing with the aftermarket lights, is that some have said the brightness on some actually was worse than stock! so, watch why type you buy. hopefully someone tells you about the brightness and range of the lights.

Chris 04 titan

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just orderred them to have the shop put them on my truck since its already there for repairs from titan vs tree round 2. Tree won obviously, but i will let you know about them as soon as i get the truck back.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are all about the same. I don't have these particular lights, but I got mine off Ebay as well. After 20,000 miles, the halos take a little while to warm up, then they show nicely. That's an LED thing I'm sure. My passenger side light gets moister inside anytime it rains or I wash it. A hair dryer usually takes care of it, or I just don't worry about it. (When you drive 500 miles a week, you pretty much don't worry about it.) The lights are so dang big that it's hard to keep condensation from building up anyway. Now, one thing to keep in mind. I bought my halos because I wanted to mod my headlights, but wanted something to stick in there until I could. (I have yet to mod the OEMs, but I will.) The halos from Ebay were cheaper than OEMs and looked cool. I was really in love with the Halos at first, but now not so much. They are cool and everything and when I first put them on, I couldn't stop staring at them, but I'm 40 and I think the halos make me look like I'm going through a midlife crisis. LOL Also, I have the automatic lights, so I never touch my light switch which means that I never just use my parking lights which is when the halos look their best. As soon as I get around to modding my OEMs, I'll be selling my halos. Whenever that is... I'll post pictures of mine below so that you can see what they look like.

Oh oh oh, here's one of my T at it's favorite place! The gas station, lol!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
since you have these, how do they shine at night. are the headlights as good as factory as far as brightness? I wondered with the smoked lenses. Is the lense smoked, or the chrome reflectors smoked?

generally the projectors spread the light wide and thin across the road, not top to bottom lighting like a regular light does.

your opinions with night driving with these? how about rain?

thanks
chris

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I plan on putting some additional sealant around the seams. I will also mod my oems once I get the halos.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
since you have these, how do they shine at night. are the headlights as good as factory as far as brightness? I wondered with the smoked lenses. Is the lense smoked, or the chrome reflectors smoked?

generally the projectors spread the light wide and thin across the road, not top to bottom lighting like a regular light does.

your opinions with night driving with these? how about rain?

thanks
chris
You are correct. The projectors spread the light across from side to side. It's weird at first, but now I don't even notice it. I don't blind people when they are in front of me, which is good and bad. Now they won't move outta my way! LOL The lenses are not smoked. I'm pretty sure there's a law about that here. As for brightness, they are brighter than the factories. If you swapped out the lights for HIDs, then you'd be really bright, but still not annoying. We've got a Chevy around here with HIDs that all you can see when he's around is blue and your eyes hurt. (Which I think there's a law against that too.)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Projectors lenes need a HID light in them to perform properly...Put a 5000 or 6000K light in there and they will shine 100 times better than stock.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just bought the IKON's on eBay. They arrived yesterday. Very impressed with quality. First thing I'm going to do is use sealant around the edges.

Any tips on installing though? I noticed 2 black and 2 white wires, and of course.. the headlamps didn't come with instructions.

·
Registered
128 Posts
the white and black wires are for the leds/halos. you can tap them into the parking lamps OR a much more custom thing, you can run them to a switch inside the cab. so you can turn them on whenever you want. (thats what i always do) and the headlamp harness should plug right into the factory hook ups. good luck. post pics when you get em done!

·
Registered
236 Posts
the white and black wires are for the leds/halos. you can tap them into the parking lamps OR a much more custom thing, you can run them to a switch inside the cab. so you can turn them on whenever you want. (thats what i always do) and the headlamp harness should plug right into the factory hook ups. good luck. post pics when you get em done!
Nice.. thanks!

Any tips on getting to the bottom bolt to get the stock housing out without removing the front bumper?

·
Registered
236 Posts
got em installed. Just need to take photos.

One thing I need to do is aim them - they are aimed WAY too low. How do I adjust these bad boys?

LOVE the way they look.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts