Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should make everyone think, be you Democrat, Republican or Dependent!

From a California school teacher - - -

"As you listen to the news about
the student protests over illegal immigration, there are some things
that you should be aware of:

I am in charge of the English-as-a-second-language department at a
large southern California high school which is designated a Title 1
school, meaning that its students average lower socioeconomic and
income levels.

Most of the schools you are hearing about, South Gate High, Bell
Gardens, Huntington Park, etc., where these students are protesting,
are also Title 1 schools.

Title 1 schools are on the free breakfast and free lunch program. When
I say free breakfast, I'm not talking a glass of milk and roll -- but
a full breakfast and cereal bar with fruits and juices that would make
a Marriott proud. The waste of this food is monumental, with trays
and trays of it being dumped in the trash uneaten. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT
WORK)

I estimate that well over 50% of these students are obese or at least
moderately overweight. About 75% or more DO have cell phones. The
school also provides day care centers for the unwed teenage pregnant
girls (some as young as 13) so they can attend class without the
inconvenience of having to arrange for babysitters or having family
watch their kids. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I was ordered to spend $700,000 on my department or risk losing
funding for the upcoming year even though there was little need for
anything; my budget was already substantial. I ended up buying new
computers for the computer learning center, half of which, one month
later, have been carved with graffiti by the appreciative students who
obviously feel humbled and grateful to have a free education in
America. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I have had to intervene several times for young and substitute
teachers whose classes consist of many illegal immigrant students here
in the country less then 3 months who raised so much hell with the
female teachers, calling them "Putas" whores and throwing things that
the teachers were in tears.

Free medical, free education, free food, day care etc., etc., etc. Is
it any wonder they feel entitled to not only be in this country but to
demand rights, privileges and entitlements?

To those who want to point out how much these illegal immigrants
contribute to our society because they LIKE their gardener and
housekeeper and they like to pay less for tomatoes: spend some time in
the real world of illegal immigration and see the TRUE costs.

Higher insurance, medical facilities closing, higher medical costs,
more crime, lower standards of education in our schools, overcrowding,
new diseases etc., etc, etc. For me, I'll pay more for tomatoes.

We need to wake up. The guest worker program will be a disaster
because we won't have the guts to enforce it.
Does anyone in their right mind really think they will voluntarily
leave and return?

There are many hardworking Hispanic/American citizens that contribute
to our country and many that I consider my true friends. We should
encourage and accept those Hispanics who have done it the right and
legal way.

It does, however, have everything to do with culture: A third-world
culture that does not value education, that accepts children getting
pregnant and dropping out of school by 15 and that refuses to
assimilate, and an American culture that has become so weak and
worried about "politically correct" that we don't have the will to do
anything about it.

If this makes your blood boil, as it did mine, forward this to
everyone you know.

CHEAP LABOR?
Isn't that what the whole immigration issue is about?

Business doesn't want to pay a decent wage.

Consumers don't want expensive produce.

Government will tell you Americans don't want the jobs.

But the bottom line is cheap labor. The phrase "cheap labor" is a
myth, a farce, and a lie. there is no such thing as "cheap labor."

Take, for example, an illegal alien with a wife and five children. He
takes a job for $5.00 or $6.00/hour. At that wage, with six
dependents, he pays no income tax, yet at the end of the year, if he
files an Income Tax Return, he gets an "earned income credit" of up
to $3,200 free.

He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent.

He qualifies for food stamps.

He qualifies for free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care.

His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school.

He requires bilingual teachers and books.

He qualifies for relief from high energy bills.

If they are or become, aged, blind or disabled, they qualify for SSI.
Once qualified for SSI they can qualify for Medicare. All of this is
at (our) taxpayer's expense.

He doesn't worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners
insurance.

Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed
material.

He and his family receive the equivalent of $20.00 to $30.00/hour in
benefits.

Working Americans are lucky to have $5.00 or $6.00/hour left after
paying their bills and his.

The American taxpayers also pay for increased crime, graffiti and
trash clean-up.

Cheap labor? YEAH RIGHT! Wake up people. THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS
WE SHOULD BE ADDRESSING TO THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR
EITHER PARTY.

AND WHEN THEY LIE TO US AND DON'T DO AS THEY SAY, WE SHOULD REPLACE THEM AT ONCE !

THIS HAS GOT TO BE PASSED ALONG TO AS MANY AS POSSIBLE OR WE WILL ALL GO DOWN THE DRAIN BECAUSE A FEW DON'T CARE !

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
HMMMMMM!!!!

Makes me angry!!

I have an ex-wife that sponges off the Government!
She is educated, and has many skills, but it's easier for her to get Government funds.
Why do we as Americans allow this to continue.
Give the illegals the boot, and require others to only be on Government support for a certain time frame.
How many American kids are going Homeless and Hungry???
Makes me sick that this Country(A world power) can't even fix it's own internal problems.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
WOW! It does sum it up well. Like I have said to many times now it doesnt matter. America will lose this battle unless we fight Political correctness. That is the true enemy. When we defeat that all the other stuff will fall in line.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
bbomar said:
HMMMMMM!!!!

Makes me angry!!

I have an ex-wife that sponges off the Government!
She is educated, and has many skills, but it's easier for her to get Government funds.
Why do we as Americans allow this to continue.
Give the illegals the boot, and require others to only be on Government support for a certain time frame.
How many American kids are going Homeless and Hungry???
Makes me sick that this Country(A world power) can't even fix it's own internal problems.
Makes me angry as well.

The fix is not a quick one because this could have been written about any population that has come to American over the past 70 years (when social services grew as the result of The Depression.)

It has only caught greater attention because the populations now arriving to the United States are non-english speaking (Southeast Asia, Central America, and Indian predominantly) Eastern Europeans are also arriving but not in the numbers like the previous three.

Certainly the op ed piece identifies some major problems with the system...but I wouldn't blame the illegals for taking it when it is offered so freely by the American government...

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
WOW! It does sum it up well. Like I have said to many times now it doesnt matter. America will lose this battle unless we fight Political correctness. That is the true enemy. When we defeat that all the other stuff will fall in line.
You hit the nail on the head.
I work in a school district in Texas, I live and pay taxes in a different district. The school district I live in is going to keep a cafeteria open all summer, at taxpayer's expense, to feed breakfast and lunch to any person, up to 18 years of age, no questions ask. We are giving welfare, food stamps, and now we have accelpted that it is the taxpayer's responsibility to feed their kids.
Now I do not want to see any kid go hungry, but at what point do we say, parents, you are responsible for taking care of your children.

·
Super Moderator
159,626 Posts
If we don't stop the bleeding and secure our borders, this is a debate that will happen over and over. We've already discussed (and granted) amnesty once in our past. I thought this was all supposed to have been fixed back then? THAT'S what makes me mad. :mad:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I read about a black family who have been on welfare, food stamps , free housing ect. for three generations. They never work. If they work, they only take cash paying jobs. The women claim the men have left them and get free housing , free medical and other things. They honestly said that they are hooked and have no way out. The men have no skills and feel they make just as much sitting at home as they would working. They said they would die on welfare. When asked what kind of car they had, 2004 Cadillac.
The illegals see the same thing for themselves. Some will work and be good citizens, some will not.
I sent my Senators and Congressmen e-mails saying a vote for amnesty by them will get a vote for their opponet by me.

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
I remember seeing that somewere a while back. I think on here around May Day last year.

It's so true about what the teacher said, I also don't find what TallTexan said hard to believe. See that sh!t all the time, what really pisses me off is WE the hard working taxpayer is paying for some other lazyass motherf*cker to sit on hisass and do nothing get a house, food and such.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Good read - thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
P's Titan said:
I remember seeing that somewere a while back. I think on here around May Day last year.

It's so true about what the teacher said, I also don't find what TallTexan said hard to believe. See that sh!t all the time, what really pisses me off is WE the hard working taxpayer is paying for some other lazyass motherf*cker to sit on hisass and do nothing get a house, food and such.
We've always been paying for that.

Ever think of why health insurance, car, home insurance rates have increased? You're paying for someone else's ability to be obese, smoke themselves into a disease, crash their cars because they were at fault, or in our case rebuild their houses on a sandbar after a hurricane wipes them out...

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
This is from an article I read, the whole article is the attachment.
Consider that crucial social indicator, the illegitimacy rate. The longer Latinos are in the U.S., the more they assimilate … but not toward the white norm. Instead, they are becoming more like blacks. Currently, 22% of white births are illegitimate compared to 69% of black births. Among immigrant Latino mothers, 37% of their new babies were illegitimate. But among American-born Latino mothers, the illegitimacy rate rises to 48%.
This trend does not exactly bode well for the future.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
P's Titan said:

The issue of dependency upon welfare/social services is not an "illegal alien only" issue or limited to one ethnicity.

You can go anywhere in the United States and find people who shouldn't receive what they receive...

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
rholland said:
This is from an article I read, the whole article is the attachment.
An interesting article.

So I take it that the "white norm" is the official and desired ethnic background of the United States?

·
Super Moderator
34,532 Posts
Kronos1965 said:
An interesting article.

So I take it that the "white norm" is the official and desired ethnic background of the United States?
Or maybe the increasing rate of illegitimate births is not a good thing for any of us. The fact that almost half of the births for a certain class (that is growing fast) are illegitimate should not be a desired background, ethnic or otherwise.

What would you choose, 22% or 48%?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
secure the border? we have to secure the people guarding the border. theres more crooked customs agents guarding the borders than you think. drugs will always come in and illegals will always cross. money talks and here in the border money is screaming.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Obviously we must secure our borders, likewise, some form of accountability must be installed, such as limited welfare care 1 year seems fair, with reevaluation, next English is our language, speak whatever you want at home/personal time, but at school etc, english is the expected language...next, I think it would be interesting if other countries were directly billed or in some way we enforced repayment from foreign governments, medical cost, educational cost, inprisonment cost etc for individuals who are found to be illegally in the US, maybe just maybe that would persuade governments to intervene. Just so you know "cheap labor" is a myth, I tried to get a couple of guys to help me with my landscaping- they wanted 15.00/hr, I can hire college/high school kids for that...funny, I happen to speak spanish, the illegals I have talked to are pissed that more illegals are coming because they're worried about job security...go figure...all in the name of PC correctness and obtaining invalid votes by our politicians...what do I know, I'm just a legal, english speaking family man who goes to work everyday...you feel me Jose?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Kronos1965 said:
An interesting article.

Not really, I would prefer the black norm of the 40s, when almost all of their childern were born to married parents.
I think the white norm that the writter refers to is the lower illegitimacy rate of whites ,as opposed to others. 22% for whites and 69% for blacks, and this is from 1998.
We all see the problems of children having babies and trying to raise them on welfare.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
37L1 said:
Or maybe the increasing rate of illegitimate births is not a good thing for any of us. The fact that almost half of the births for a certain class (that is growing fast) are illegitimate should not be a desired background, ethnic or otherwise.

Born in the United States whether their parents are US citizens or not makes the children United States citizens.

"illegitmate births" I believe references being "out of wedlock".

Yes, the "norm" has been changing since the 1970's... Europeans are not emmigrating to the United States like they did in the 1950's and 1960's...

Ethnic white births are 1.8 and need to be at 2.1 to sustain the population so whites as a population are declining in the United States. Illegal aliens have nothing to do with that...

Since there is not an official language in the United States, the predominant language in regions can be easily changed as it has in many US cities.

·
Super Moderator
159,626 Posts
37L1 said:

I'll take the 22% any day. That's 78% that I stand a MUCH better chance of not having to support with my taxes. No brainer. Ethnicity be damned. Simple economics.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts