Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am going to be installing some illuminated door sills and am trying to determine which power wire to tap into. I would like the sills to come on when door is open then turn off when door is closed. I have a 2017 Titan Pro-4x. Is there any wiring that runs through under plastic sill plates that pop off that can be tied into?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey ChosenTitan1,

I'm going to be doing the same job in my 2019 Titan Platinum Reserve. What I've been told is there is an accessory connector on the driver and passenger side above the footwell. I have ordered the Nissan accessory wiring as well to put on the illuminated door sills, so it should just be a solder and connect job.

Give it a look and let me know what you find. I'll be doing mine in 2 weeks.

Tony

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that's awesome I had never seen that. Seems like that would make it an easy install. I looked up the harness and see it has plugs on the one end, is there somewhere in each footwell to just plug this into already from factory? I haven't had a chance to go out and look yet. If that was the case, then yeah buy a few of these plug, soder wires, mount sills and good to go. Thanks for the direction 👍.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ChosenTitan1,

For reference, I used this video:

If you skip to 14:56, that is where he shows the connector. Great video and he does the same solder job you're talking about. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for the video. It's exactly what I needed and was looking for. Open door sills illuminate close door they go off. I am wondering what all the other wiring in the harness could be used for. I'm going to order the accessory plugs asap so I am all ready when the door sills come in. Thanks again!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey, no problem! I'm gonna go install the electric tailgate lock that came in today. Crazy that the 2019 Platinum Reserve (non-XD) doesn't come with these parts automatically, huh? How are you liking your Pro-4x? I see great reviews on them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait seriously it didn't come with it? So you can't lock and unlock your tailgate with the fob? That is crazy. I love the truck, I have a 6 inch lift on it so kind of does away with the added bonus of the Pro4x but you still get the badging on exterior and interior which looks good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's awesome. I fell in love with the Platinum Reserve interior (brown and black). No, the XD model comes with it, but not the Non-XD. Makes no sense, it had the connector behind the back passenger seat and everything! Such an easy install! Everything was plug and play from tailgate (with new camera cord) up to the cabin! Good to go now!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey ChosenTitan1,

I just installed my Illuminated Kick Plates. Sure enough, the connector was right where the video said it would be (one on driver, one on passenger)! I attached the instructions in case you need them. Really easy install, just make sure you use plastic tools to remove trim so you don't damage any rubber seals or plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the update. Still waiting for my door sills to come in. I'll keep you posted once I get them on my install since they aren't oem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts