Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2018 Nissan Titan Xd...taillight got cracked, and got water in it, and burnt up the turn signal socket. So I replaced it with a new socket, and bulb. Blinker works...brake lights work....hazards work, and reverse lights work. The only thing is the taillights dont work when the headlights are on, and I noticed the license plate light is out as well. I'm thinking this has to be a fuse but I can't find it labeled taillights or license plate lights anywhere!!! Does anyone know where this fuse is? Or have had this happen before? Thanks

·
Premium Member
69,823 Posts
Use a test light. Get to know where stuff is on your truck. There are a few fuse locations.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Ignore the red circle but it’s under the hood left back side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know where the fuses are but it's not marked as taillights fuse or a license plate fuse.... can't find it labeled anywhere

·
Premium Member
69,823 Posts
That's why you need a test light. Just sayin. A fuse labeled rear speakers may control the lights too.

·
Premium Member
69,823 Posts
It's very possible, trust me. When I look for a blown fuse, I bust out the test light because it could be labeled anything.

·
Premium Member
69,823 Posts
The one in the glovebox has funky little fuses different from all the rest. On older trucks there are 2 fuses taped up by the steering column...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm talking to a guy right now who had the exact same problem 11months ago, and he says its passenger side under the hood... I'm hoping he can narrow it down for me with what amp fuse it is

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figured it out...all this head ache for a tiny little 10amp mini fuse. All because it wasn't marked anywhere in any diagram or owners manual!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hoping this helps if anyone else has this problem. By the way there are 4 fuse boxes in the Nissan Titan Xd, and this fuse is in the rear fuse box on the passenger side. Thanks for everyone's input, and advice... Happy Holidays!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts