Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening fellow Titan owners. I have a 2006 SE 2WD with 189k. I have owned the truck since 35k.

About a month ago, the truck shut down while idling in my driveway and I had it assessed at a local shop I use and they determined the issue was the fuel pump and I had it replaced with an OEM pump. After only 42 miles, I had the exact same issue and the truck stopped. We determined after testing the replacement fuel pump that it was faulty and swapped the new pump for another. Two days ago and 1,234 miles later the truck is doing the same thing again. I've pulled the pump, and its operating normally. Still, the truck won't start. Relays are good. I'm even getting fire. But something is causing it to not start. Engine turns over smoothly, but nothing.

Any ideas? I've pulled the fuel tank three times now and really don't know what else to check.

I don't want to get rid of my Titan. Up until now, its been the best truck I've ever owned.

Help!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any codes? When you say your getting fire, that means fuel igniting in the combustion chamber im assuming?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
First item to check is fuel pressure at the rail, not at the pump. If you have pressure at the rail, and fire, and air, you have an electronic issue. Have you checked your IPDM? Those were an issue on early trucks. Search the forum for more info on it.

But first test is fuel pressure at the rail. And while you're in there, compression might be a good check.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your response dubyam.

Yes, there is adequate pressure at the fuel rails. The last time we pulled the pump, we checked that first. I have NOT checked the IPDM. I guess I need to go there next? Is there a way to check its proper functionality? Or should I swap for a new one and see if that fixes the issue?

Like I have said, this truck has been rock solid since I got it used in 2008. This is the first issue I have had with it.

Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good evening fellow Titan owners. I have a 2006 SE 2WD with 189k. I have owned the truck since 35k.

About a month ago, the truck shut down while idling in my driveway and I had it assessed at a local shop I use and they determined the issue was the fuel pump and I had it replaced with an OEM pump. After only 42 miles, I had the exact same issue and the truck stopped. We determined after testing the replacement fuel pump that it was faulty and swapped the new pump for another. Two days ago and 1,234 miles later the truck is doing the same thing again. I've pulled the pump, and its operating normally. Still, the truck won't start. Relays are good. I'm even getting fire. But something is causing it to not start. Engine turns over smoothly, but nothing.

Any ideas? I've pulled the fuel tank three times now and really don't know what else to check.

I don't want to get rid of my Titan. Up until now, its been the best truck I've ever owned.

Help!
I have a 2006 LE fully loaded rare. It shut down on me at a red light luckily the Dealer replaced IPDM after one month out of warranty in 2009 as a courtesy. IPDM was the cause if you don’t get it fixed its going to mess up other stuff expensive electrical parts like the mass airflow sensor and my catalytic converter went with it because I kept trying to start it up and the truck started rockin back and fourth like it wanted to start up . Had to jump start it after trying because it drained my battery I don’t know why but it did. It worked like normal for a while the next day did it again at a parking lot had to get it jump started .had a dealer mechanic at the lot with me wasn’t baffled at was what was going on a 3 year old truck so I dropped it off with the dealer . Haven’t had a problem with that 11 years later .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts