Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is anybody else having a problem seeing through the heavily tinted back glass at night when backing up? A powered back glass would help. Has anyone replaced the stock backup lights with ones that have a higher wattage? What are the pros/cons of doing this? Will it overload the electrical system? Will it generate too much heat in the lense housing?

Robert

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doghouse said:
Use the side mirrors, you can see more.

Well Duh....... I guess the fact that I was educated in Louisiana Public Schools really shows up! I just got used to useing the rear view mirror and turning around and just didn't think of that. Thanks for the tip. If you could see my face right now you would see that it is very red like this guy- :futwice:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah, I noticed today bringing mine home from the dealer that it was very dark tinting and it was somewhat hard to see through the rear view mirror even on this overcast afternoon...will take a little getting used too...but I will! :)

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
I didn't realize how dark the tint was until I put my emergency strobes from my Durango into it. I had to buy new LEDs so they could actually be seen when lit up.

I wish I had a digital camera so I could get a few pictures for you guys. Eventually I will get my wife to decide on which one she wants - she is the photgrapher in the family and hasn't been able to make up her mind yet. When she does, I will post some pictures.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have used quartz halogen 50W back up bulbs on two different vehicles over the last 10 years, and yes, heat is a potential problem. But since I am only in reverse gear for 10-45 seconds, no damage has resulted. As long as you limit your time in reverse gear to under a minute, I think you will be OK.

·
Registered
37 Posts
rrumaner said:
I didn't realize how dark the tint was until I put my emergency strobes from my Durango into it. I had to buy new LEDs so they could actually be seen when lit up.

I wish I had a digital camera so I could get a few pictures for you guys. Eventually I will get my wife to decide on which one she wants - she is the photgrapher in the family and hasn't been able to make up her mind yet. When she does, I will post some pictures.
Try getting a friend with a digital camera to take the pictures for you, at this point you can't be the first person on the block to have one!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have noticed the very dark tint as well.

I was babying it by tip-toeing backwards because I only had about 40 miles on it and was still acclaimating myself to the truck. I actually got out to make sure their was nothing there. Be careful is the only thing I can say on this matter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts