Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been scoping aroudn theses forums lately and got interested in the 2 degree timing advance. So what did i do? I took my 05 titan se into the Conroe Texas dealer htis morning before hours and left what i wanted to have done (2 degreee). They call me up leaving me a message saying that my car does not have a "distributor", therefore, it can not be done. He also said he would not reccomend the 2 degree for the titan, he siad its only for nissans high performance vehicles like the 350z. Does this mean that they just dont have what it take to do the mod, or is this true. If it isnt true, do you know of a place around conroe/houston where i can have it done. I took it into Streater Smith Conroe. Thanks you
Chris

·
Registered
256 Posts
not sure what they mean by no distributor but lots of people get their's done go back there and explain what it is you want exactly maybe these people just havent done a timing advance before. try a new dealer... my 2 cents

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Take this to them, it comes from a post adavisput up in the best of Titan talk

adavis said:
Two Degree Timing Advance Instructions (For Dealers w/ Consult II)

Warm up vehicle.
On CONSULT 2 screen choose ENGINE
After communication with Convertor will display a bunch of choices.
Press WORK SUPPORT
See more choices, press TARGET IGN TIMING
Press UP x2 for 2 degrees, correction which you should be able to see.
Press UPDATE.
Now press BACK
On the menu screen find IDLE AIR VOL LEARN.
Press, and perform to correct your idle since you just raised it 75rpm with timing advance.

Having these instructions in hand greatly increases the chance that your dealer will do it. Prices usually ranges from $0 - 1hr Labor.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Helinut1970 said:
Thanks, is there anything else i need to do, ow log does it take them, because i was not planning on going back until i was going to pick it up, which is tommaro, and i would need to be gone quickly. how long does set up and installation take?

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Titanese said:
Thanks, is there anything else i need to do, ow log does it take them, because i was not planning on going back until i was going to pick it up, which is tommaro, and i would need to be gone quickly. how long does set up and installation take?
If you are going to do it you should really be there to do it and not leave it there. They are dumber than they look!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Titanese said:
If your truck is warm it takes about 5 min or less.

I think there are some members in the Houston area that will do it.
________
Coach handbags

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Helinut1970 said:
Which person should I talk to there about the 2 degree, and who should I give the intructions to?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Mike there in the service department can be opne of your VERY best friends. Don't sweat the whole 2degree deal. You can get it done at a meet if you are willing to wait for the next one. I asked Mike way back about it, he made it clear that he knew exactly what I wanted, but could not admit to knowing "wink-wink" due to company policy. Can't fault them for that. I know a couple of guys always seem to bring the laptops to do it at the meets. You might have to toss them some cash or a cold beverage, but they would happily hook you up.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bhudda454 said:
Mike there in the service department can be opne of your VERY best friends. Don't sweat the whole 2degree deal. You can get it done at a meet if you are willing to wait for the next one. I asked Mike way back about it, he made it clear that he knew exactly what I wanted, but could not admit to knowing "wink-wink" due to company policy. Can't fault them for that. I know a couple of guys always seem to bring the laptops to do it at the meets. You might have to toss them some cash or a cold beverage, but they would happily hook you up.
ok so call and ask to speak to "Mike" in the service department about it at Strater Smith in Conroe, and he will do it for me there?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Titanese said:
my truck is already there, it would be a lot more convenient to just have it done there

I get it, you are already without your new best friend, but sadly Mike can not help you due to company policy.

We should have another meet within a month or so and you can get it there. The 2 degree is neat, but you are not going to die without it. Not to mention the MPG sufferage due to expanded giggle factors. You might actually be better having to wait. LOL

·
Registered
359 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
Is there an advantage to having the 2 degree advance for normal driving? I don't really drive it too hard (except for the occassional blast down the road to hear and feel it wid out).

For a normal use situation/daily driver, does it give you better mileage and better power, or does it just give you some umph off the line without increasing the horsepower? Also, when done, are you then committed to premium fuel?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts