Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello one and all.Love this place just bought an 07 titan SE kingcab wanting to upgrade the exhaust.I've been reading alot of the older post that say the 07 is good on the pipes that i should just change the muffler out.It seems that the Magnaflow 12258 is a good deal for what i have read.I have the 2 in and 1 out stock.If i order the 12258 will it mount right up with the size pipes i have from the factory or is there a different model that fits better.I still would like to keep my warrenty.If this is a good fit for the size pipes in and out does anyone know a place that has a good price on this model.Thanks for any help and i will be on this site alot because i am starting from scratch and it seems like there is alot of good ideas from good people here.Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
dbolemiss said:
Hello one and all.Love this place just bought an 07 titan SE kingcab wanting to upgrade the exhaust.I've been reading alot of the older post that say the 07 is good on the pipes that i should just change the muffler out.It seems that the Magnaflow 12258 is a good deal for what i have read.I have the 2 in and 1 out stock.If i order the 12258 will it mount right up with the size pipes i have from the factory or is there a different model that fits better.I still would like to keep my warrenty.If this is a good fit for the size pipes in and out does anyone know a place that has a good price on this model.Thanks for any help and i will be on this site alot because i am starting from scratch and it seems like there is alot of good ideas from good people here.Thanks
Summitracing.com should help out with this...:cheers:

I suggest getting stainless steel band clamps as well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have it welded on. 2 1/2 pipes. I used flowmaster 40 series on my 06. With removed resonators on my y pipe. I know your y pipe is different though. Getting rid of my resonators gave me a little bark to it but not to blatty. People complain of drone but I have it at a small area of my rpms. Not too bad in my opinion.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to thank those of you who answered.I got one more ? all the magnaflow 12258 i see are one in and 2 out.Can i turn it around with 2 in and one out and get the same results.Thanks for any help

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
All Magnaflow mufflers are reversible. The 12258 is the one you need for the 18" body. The 12580 in the 22" body would work well also. The 22" has wider center to center inlets than the 18", and the stock 07 inlets are 8" center to center. However, if It were me, I wouldn't like the quieter 22".

·
Registered
73 Posts
Flowmaster makes a 2.25" dual in, 2.25" dual out muffler that will work with that set up to. Thats what I have ordered for my truck, I have been round and round on the exhaust choices and the 70 series Flowmaster just sounded better.

It isn't a free flowing muffler like the Magnaflows but it sounds better I think. Check out the sound clips on the Flowmaster sight and then do a You Tube search for sound clips, /Titan Flowmaster or Titan exhaust, lots of stuff to choose from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts