Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a jeep guy about to switch over to a truck again i used to own a tacoma double cab which was nice but since i was getting out of the USMC i decided to get another vehicle lower payment kinda of thing now that i'm solid with financial security i want to go full truck and i'm stuck between a crewmax tundra SR5 and a crew Titan PRO 4x has anyone compared these trucks or can tell me the why i should go Titan

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Because it's not ugly :D

Seriously, that's a decision you have to make on your own by test driving both. Personally, I didn't care for the Tundra...IMO, the Titan looked nicer drove nicer and I got a much better deal on one...more bang for the buck...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Don't get me wrong, the Tundras are nice trucks...and I've always been a Toyota guy, but IMO the Titan is a much nicer truck for the money. If I would have been buying brand new then the price would be more comparable, but when buying used the price difference is huge. Around here you pay about $5k more for an equivalent Tundra than you do for a Titan, and really I'll have to say that you don't get anything extra in the Tundra for that extra $5k. Both trucks offer great performance, but asthetically I think the Titan wins hands down. I used to own a '96 corolla and a '98 Camry, and I can honestly say that the interior of the new Tundras is pretty much the same as it was back in the mid 90's. I was quite disappointed to see that Toyota hadn't changed much with the interior in the past 15 years. When you buy a $40k+ truck you expect the interior to be immaculate, and I found the Tundra interior had alot to be desired. I was also worried after watching the video put out by Ford "the truth about trucks" where they torture-tested some trucks (Unfortunately the Titan was not one of them), but when they went over a series of alternating speedbumps, the bed of the Tundra was vibrating and oscillating so severly that it looked like the whole back end of the frame was going to break right off! I'm not saying the Tundra is a POS or anything, but those are some of the things that steered me towards the Titan.

Anyway, I would definitely reccommend testing out all the brands of truck before making any decisions. I think the Titan speaks for itself when compared against all the rest. If you try one out, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Good luck shopping!

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,438 Posts
Because it's not ugly :D

Seriously, that's a decision you have to make on your own by test driving both. Personally, I didn't care for the Tundra...IMO, the Titan looked nicer drove nicer and I got a much better deal on one...more bang for the buck...
I agree 100%.......

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
I recently went out and test drove the tundra and the SUV (forget the name) and honestly, they drive like crap, and throttle response sucks. I personally think they are "nice" looking and I'm sure it's just as good of a truck as the titan. However the interior is laid out in an odd way and I didn't like it. Though it was big which was nice.

I always like to have the newest, bestest truck on the market, and for some reason I still have my 04 Titan.. Though I think in August/September I'll be upgrading to an 09 Aramada LE

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Look at the Dodge CrewCabs!! They seem pretty solid, and you can upgrade the Trans. with an aftermarket IPT....:D

You can get really deals on them right now!!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
The Tundra is quick and that's about all it has going for it. Precisely why you should get the Titan.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
I actually went and test drove the Tundra again today.. Yeah ROUGH ride. I also test drove the new 09 Ram and my god, that's my next truck right there. I love my Nissan, but I look for luxury/power/looks and the new 09 Ram has it all. I couldn't check out the new 09 Titan..dealership only had two left, XE and SE (base SE)..and no Armadas on the lot at all..bastege

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Well the Tundra looks like a catfish on wheels....lol But like others have said...You gotta make the command decision..

Semper Fi Bro. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Nobody can tell you which to buy. You'll get the full run here...from those who've had Titans and don't like em', to those of us who swear by the Titan and have owned more than one. Go out and drive what's out there. Don't limit yourself to just those two either. Drive em' all and decide which works best for you. Having said all that, I'm sure you'll be coming back to the Titan.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
The '09s are nice. I sold my '05 LE and got pretty good money for it too. I liked the '05 enough that I decided to buy a loaded LE 2WD. I now have 2K miles on it and I've been averaging 18.3 MPG this week during my comute. The build quality, brakes, radio, and axle are all very solid in the new Titan's which I can't say so much about my '05.

Let us know what you decide. I love mine!

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
Well first off Semper Fi brother. And if you go into it open minded and look at truck vs truck, value vs value, I think you will find the Titan quite a competitive package especially when compared to the Tundra.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
titan over the tacoma. I would also check out the new chevy and dodges...since the titans are discontinued. I still will bet you will get more bang for your buck on a titan comparing to a dodge or a chevy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts