Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Don't get me wrong, the Tundras are nice trucks...and I've always been a Toyota guy, but IMO the Titan is a much nicer truck for the money. If I would have been buying brand new then the price would be more comparable, but when buying used the price difference is huge. Around here you pay about $5k more for an equivalent Tundra than you do for a Titan, and really I'll have to say that you don't get anything extra in the Tundra for that extra $5k. Both trucks offer great performance, but asthetically I think the Titan wins hands down. I used to own a '96 corolla and a '98 Camry, and I can honestly say that the interior of the new Tundras is pretty much the same as it was back in the mid 90's. I was quite disappointed to see that Toyota hadn't changed much with the interior in the past 15 years. When you buy a $40k+ truck you expect the interior to be immaculate, and I found the Tundra interior had alot to be desired. I was also worried after watching the video put out by Ford "the truth about trucks" where they torture-tested some trucks (Unfortunately the Titan was not one of them), but when they went over a series of alternating speedbumps, the bed of the Tundra was vibrating and oscillating so severly that it looked like the whole back end of the frame was going to break right off! I'm not saying the Tundra is a POS or anything, but those are some of the things that steered me towards the Titan.

Anyway, I would definitely reccommend testing out all the brands of truck before making any decisions. I think the Titan speaks for itself when compared against all the rest. If you try one out, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Good luck shopping!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts