Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else in too deep in their trucks as far as mods and other stuff they have done? I am big on toys. I have always had off road style trucks or old school cars for weekend projects and just personal enjoyment. If i sold my titan and got another truck i would just start from ground zero again and shell out a bunch of cash again to get it up in the air the way i like my rides.

Im about to have the Titan payed off in about a year and i was thinking of turning it into my new "toy" since i barely drive it already (06 with only 30,xxx miles). If i wanted to sell it i wouldnt get anything for the mods i have put on and i dont want to put in the work to take it all off and make it stock again.

I have an altima for my daily driver now and i am looking for a beach cruiser to have "worry free" fun with. Should i look for yet another vehicle for my beach cruiser vehicle or boss out my titan to make it look/perform like a truck should?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
:rofl: just a bit... I paid mine off in Jan of this year... and have since pretty much steadily spent my monthly truck payment modding or saving for the future huge $ mods... the wife asked if I was gonna ever be done, and I asked if she would rather have me make a new car/truck payment as well as spend more for new mods on the new tide as well... she didn't answer, shook her head, and left me alone wrenching in the driveway... :rofl: Yup... I stopped counting $ a few yrs back... It's dating until it dies or gets totaled... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I haven't done as much as many of the other members but between paying 40k for the truck and another 5k+ in mods will keep me in my truck like DRTYAZN said until it dies or gets totaled.

·
Super Moderator
161,881 Posts
Nope. Those words are not in my "Titan vocabulary". It's only lightly modded, really. Paid for. Daily driver and recreational towing machine. I guess it's not really a toy for me in the sense that it is for some. It's a necessary vehicle that's more a hobby, but for me I've been easily satisfied with mods.

·
Premium Member
75,893 Posts
My truck does what I ask it to, it works hard and it plays hard as well. As of late it's done more work than play but she's seems fine with it.

Since I'm a budget baller I've done just about every mod on the titan the old hot rodder way, freebies, cheap used parts, stalking the buy sell, modding what I can when I can. Putting it all together has taken some time, and I'm not close to being done, but I'm still no bored.

I know how I want the truck to look, I'll slowly get there, one step at a time. I just wish I had more free time to actually work on the truck, more than just the maintenance required.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
i say mod it if you can afford it! its something to look forward to, makes the work weeks go faster and when you finish one mod you open up a new realm of whats next and start the anxious waiting process over :) then on the other end of it its also self satisfaction. i love getting home in my slow chevy work van and jumping in the T to go joy ride

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think i will stick with the T and keep moding as extra money flows in. I figure the body style, although a bit out dated, still looks cool if you do the right mods.

I think every household needs a truck for some reason or another and my other toy options would be a jeep wrangler or a 2 door 1999 tahoe, or k5 blazer to jack up moster truck style. I dont need 3 cars for just me so the T will be the all in one vehicle that will satisfy my work/play needs while the altima is the daily driver.

Thanks for everyones input

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Get the 2 door Tahoe or K5 when you get bored fu*kin w/ the Titan b/c those are dope too. 78-79 bronco too mayne

1 - 9 of 9 Posts