Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything used to work well but now when an iPhone is connected to my 2017 Titan via blue tooth, when an incoming text message arrives, the typical message appears on the Titan console, the Nissan tool can read the text message, but if I try to use Siri to read the incoming text message, Siri says I have no new messages. I can watch the message come in on my iPhone, the red badge pops up on the message icon on my iPhone but then quickly disappears (indicating the message has been read), but I have not read any message.

I have tested four different iPhones, once with an older software version of iOS and the other three with the most current version of iOS (13.3), all have the same issue when connected via blue tooth. It doesn't matter if the iPhone is locked, open to the home screen, open to messages, etc. All have the same results.

When disconnected from the blue tooth connection, Siri behaves as expected.

I have removed the iPhone from the Titan, forgot the Titan connection on my iPhone and then reconnected it. Still the same.

I have reset the Titan controls to factory settings. Still the same.

Anyone had this issue? Any fixes?

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Well you shouldn't be worried about text messages when driving a 7000 lb truck around anyway.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well you shouldn't be worried about text messages when driving a 7000 lb truck around anyway.
I think that's kind of the OP's point. If you ignore the text message when it comes in while you're driving, the truck actually marks the message as "read" on your phone. Later, when you stop and look at your phone when it's safe to do so, the new message notifications are gone.

Same thing happens to me with my phone on Android 10 (Essential PH-1).

·
Registered
178 Posts
So appears to be a problem with iOS 13. Not surprised, lots of issues being generally reported with this one; sounds like Apple only half-baked this release.

Easiest thing to do is to stop sharing texts from the phone settings (permissions); this should allow you to keep the other functions operating normally. Not as familiar with iPhone, so can't give you exact settings. I prefer the much more popular Android - as an IT pro, it is much easier to work with. But my kids are both in the Apple domain so I see enough of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So appears to be a problem with iOS 13. Not surprised, lots of issues being generally reported with this one; sounds like Apple only half-baked this release.

Easiest thing to do is to stop sharing texts from the phone settings (permissions); this should allow you to keep the other functions operating normally. Not as familiar with iPhone, so can't give you exact settings. I prefer the much more popular Android - as an IT pro, it is much easier to work with. But my kids are both in the Apple domain so I see enough of it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did a test with an iPhone with an older version of iOS (10 something) and it has the same issue. Know that with my iPhone 6S, not sure of what version of iOS, the badges behaved as one would expect. Wondering if it might be firm ware on the truck getting glitchy or something?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts