Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just sharing my findings with the Titan. with my stock Titan i usually logged coolant temperatures around 90-98 degrees Celcius. usually dyno pulls the truck would get the hottest. after the supercharger install, we decided to do the usual Performance Factory treatment and get rid of the coolant (for the most part) This is something that only people in the south should try, honestly places that it doesnt ever get under 20 degrees F.

What we did..

First of all drained all the coolant out.
Next we bypassed the coolant out of the throttle body.
Then we refilled the whole cooling system with distilled water.
Next we add a full bottle of Redline Water Wetter..

i never run 100 % water because if there is a leak then you cant smell it. i try to run 90% distilled water, with about 5% coolant plus some Water Wetter. then top off the radiator with water.

what we have found is that the car wont get over 70 degrees now!!!!

i was trying to play with the idle using my Cipher and it wouldnt get hot enough. with the Cipher, you have to make sure the engine is between 80-95 degrees Celcius, it would NOT get there. even on the dyno with no fans!! just crazy. now my needle stays at about 1/4 on the guage instead of almost half way...

just thought i would share my findings. this is not anything new, we do it to all our fast cars. :upsidedow

cooler engine makes more power

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
wait?? did it throw any codes?????? if it doesnt get to a certain temp the ecu goes crazy.

Thanx for the idea though. it wont corode??

·
Registered
561 Posts
Interesting...

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
That's awful cool for an dailydriver engine though isn't it? Won't that drastically increase wear, and increase sludge buildup?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
We do this a lot on motorcycles. Especially when road racing. Keeps it pretty cool.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
makes you run extrememly rich also, i tried it for a while but 165f temps for me is a bit too cool, i like my 182-186f temps for now, i did the same as audible mayhem with the 5% antifreeze and distilled water with purple ice :coolsmile
taking out the thermostat really isnt a good idea if you want ur truck to not show early wear, throw codes, etc.. im still waiting for a good 170f thermostat cause this stant one really doesnt fit as well as the stock titan one, and supposedly doesnt channel water thru the block the same..:crying:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
you still git the stant in toomny?? im debating if i should take mine out when i get the pgm so i can do it at same time.

oh but you have electric fans........cheater

have EVO, you ever try Engine Ice?? works really well in motocross 4 strokes

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Lead, interesting... I might try that out sometime and see. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
58,647 Posts
Antifreeze has benefits other than lowering the freezing point of your coolant. It lubricates your water pump and prevents rust. I realize we have an aluminum block but I'm sure there's iron that comes in contact with the coolant somewhere. I live in the deep south but I'm not going to get rid of all of my antifreeze. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
if you read on the bottle of purple ice or water wetter it helps fight corrosion and lubricates parts.. so theorettically you could run straight distilled water thru ur truck no problem..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts