Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did anyone notice that the Infiniti QX56 has same engine as the Titan putting out 315HP and 390lb-ft. Now since Infiniti and Nissan our one in the same do you think the hp/torque on the Infiniti is what where seeing on the Titan :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
lizardking said:
Did anyone notice that the Infiniti QX56 has same engine as the Titan putting out 315HP and 390lb-ft. Now since Infiniti and Nissan our one in the same do you think the hp/torque on the Infiniti is what where seeing on the Titan :cheers:
It's the same engine, but the Titan engine is set more for endurance, and a little less hp. That's my understanding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
lizardking said:
Did anyone notice that the Infiniti QX56 has same engine as the Titan putting out 315HP and 390lb-ft. Now since Infiniti and Nissan our one in the same do you think the hp/torque on the Infiniti is what where seeing on the Titan :cheers:
Generally all you have to do to get a few more hp is use a less restrictive exhaust system. It probably also has a slightly different ECU program which allows the engine to squeeze out a few more ponies.

With most cars these days you can buy an aftermarket ECU that remaps the engine profile and increases hp/torque. I'm sure someone will come out with one soon. :futwice:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Sabre66 said:
Generally all you have to do to get a few more hp is use a less restrictive exhaust system. It probably also has a slightly different ECU program which allows the engine to squeeze out a few more ponies.

With most cars these days you can buy an aftermarket ECU that remaps the engine profile and increases hp/torque. I'm sure someone will come out with one soon. :futwice:
Hey i just realized the little avatar i put in at the bottom isn't a very nice one. Sorry about that...i didn't mean to give anybody the double finger i thought i was giving a thumbs up.

:jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
780 Posts
Sabre66's alter ego/avatar

hahhah hahhaha that there's funny
i just choked on my coffee, laughin' out loud

you otta keep it: :futwice:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Sabre66 said:
Hey i just realized the little avatar i put in at the bottom isn't a very nice one. Sorry about that...i didn't mean to give anybody the double finger i thought i was giving a thumbs up.

:jester:
bwahaahahaa that IS funny....you were being all informative about hp and stuff and then ended it off with a nice little birdie...i was confused :huh:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
LOL that darn finger (in this case 2 of them) snuck up on ya!

I too almost spewed coffee everywhere...

Chris
:upsidedow
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top