Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've currently got a pair of 6x9 JBL GTO speakers in the front doors and 6 1/2 JBL GTO speakers in the rear doors. I'm thinking of changing these out for Infinity Kappas because I want more out of my speakers. My questions is, for those that are familiar with both speakers, are they worth the extra money to change them out? I'm looking at about $240 for both pairs right now from Crutchfield.

The speakers are being pushed by an Xtreme 4-channel 600w amp at 4ohm.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
To be honest, thats not really an upgrade. I would put both of those speakers in about the same league. Look at other brands like Boston, CDT, MB Quart, etc for better sounding speakers.

What type of music do you like and whats your budget?

One last thing is that Crutchfield is typically really expensive there are better deals out there. PM Tech12Volts he is a site sponsor and can steer you in the right direction.

What is that amp? Is it one of these?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18742

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Mars said:
I've currently got a pair of 6x9 JBL GTO speakers in the front doors and 6 1/2 JBL GTO speakers in the rear doors. I'm thinking of changing these out for Infinity Kappas because I want more out of my speakers. My questions is, for those that are familiar with both speakers, are they worth the extra money to change them out? I'm looking at about $240 for both pairs right now from Crutchfield.

The speakers are being pushed by an Xtreme 4-channel 600w amp at 4ohm.
Infinity and JBL are the same company and I don't recomend either of them... They are both Harmon companies.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What happened to this thread. There are about 6 posts missing from it.

T22 you asked what H/U I have, it's the Alpine CDE9856.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
The server got corrupted and they had to use backup and thats why stuff is missing.

I got your reply about the HU and what I said was that you are all set now. You have a good HU, some amps to use, some subs and some decent rear fill speakers. I'd spend some money on the Boston comps from James, run those off the 2 front ch's of the amp. If that isnt enough power you can bi-amp them off the 4 ch. amp and run the rear speakers off the head unit for now. When you save up some more money start upgrading your amps too!

Do you already have a box made for your subs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.