Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I posted this on the Edmunds Town Hall, but I'll repost here:

1. Saturday night, I was parking my 4x4 SE CC w/offroad,
and suddenly the brake pedal went nearly all of the way to the floor.
The brake, NO VDC, and SLIP dash lights all came on, and I nearly crashed into the concrete barrier that I was parking in front of.
It's ok after cycling the ignition key, but it reoccured twice Sunday,
and again this morning while dropping the truck off at the dealership.
(all faliures occured while moving slowly or already stopped)
The dealer hasn't called be back yet with their diagnosis.

2. The second issue with the truck, is that it rolled off of the delivery truck, it was missing the drivers rear splash guard. It was never installed. The dealership ordered it. Three times. And Nissan cancelles the order, saying that "the part isn't available yet"!
The truck was delivered without the part, and the manufacturer says that I can't get the part that I should have had in the first place?

Well, I'm just hoping that the brake problem doesn't need a part,
as Nissan may/may-not offer that part! I've had the truck for a week, and I'm not impressed with the situation so far.

UPDATE:
Well, unfortunately the dealer service reports that my 1 week old Titan needs a "brake pressure sensor".
(a sensor related to master cylinder brake pressure)
And REALLY unfortunately, the part is currently on "national backorder" from Nissan.
(shared part from the Armada)
No eta.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Where does that leave you other than stranded?

Did the dealership give you a car or truck (Fronteir?) to drive while the T is in the shop?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ouch, that really sucks. What really is concerning is the brake loss because of a sensor failure. That sounds like a bad design.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ug, I've got a Ford Taurus as a rental.
That's not going to do though, as I bought this truck to tow my competiton offroad rally car and my first rally for the year is coming up the first weekend of Februrary.

Still no eta on the pressure sensor.

Thanks for the info on the mud-flaps!
(the dealer seems to have no idea)

ps. Has anyone seen a bar for attaching a winch(& lights) to the front of the Titan? I've seen the Westin Bull bar:
http://www.westinautomotive.com/photopages/KOBB500WPR.html
but it doesn't look like it supports a winch.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to hear about your woes in regards to your Titan. I have to admit that I have over 4500 miles on mine and have had nothing go wrong. As is typical with newly designed vehicles and new factories there will be mistakes. Mine also has a factory goof in it but it's in my favor, someone but the rear heat controls and wiring for the crewcab in my kingcab. All I need to do is change the center console and I'll have rear heat:D I hope that your dealer looks out for you, mine has been extraordinary in meeting my needs since the purchase. I found a few flaws in the paint and they not only took care of it but buffed out a few scratches that were my fault and filled the gas on top of it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Denrech
Where you at in Big Sky Country?
I lived in Great Falls for about five years and went to school at UM. GO GRIZ!!!

Hope to retire somewhere between Missoula and Glacier NP. I envy you but not so much this time of year. I live in Orlando now and the high today will be in the mid seventies. But the number of people moving here is nuts.

Where is there a dealer out there? I plan to drive out there again this summer to possibly buy some land.
Jay

·
Registered
108 Posts
Heh I know what you're talking about. I grew up in Wyoming where there was a warm spell last night.... it's up to 10 degrees above zero. Now I'm in Austin TX - Wyoming is still god's country, but I don't miss the winters nearly as much as I thought I would. :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live south of Billings in a town called Bridger. I too would like to end up somewhere in northwestern Montana. Currently I'm working pipeline out of Ft. Lupton / Greeley CO region. I bought my truck in Greeley since there were none to be had up in Billings. Drove by Billings Nissan today and they have a few of them now.

The choices are numerous as to dealerships. I'm sure there is one in Great Falls as well as Missoula and Billings. I believe that Billings is the biggest in the state. Of coarse, if you go as far as Missoula then a shot over the border to Kellogg ID may be in order to check out Dave Smith.

My one piece of advice is hold out for the one you really want. If you compromise in any way you may end up regretting your decision. That would be a shame since the Titan is the BEST damn truck out there in its class.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another update

Well, on Thursday, the GM of the dealership decided that they had my truck for long enough, and they decided to rob parts off of another Titan.
After swapping the suspect sensor, the problem wasn't fixed.
Finally, they swapped out the master cylinder/booster assembly.
Problem fixed. (they eventually suspected a pressure switch that's inside the master cylinder)

I wonder how long that it will take for them to get the parts to repair their truck?

I'm back on the road again!
Still no eta on the splashguard though.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Congrats on the repair!

At least you are driving your, I have to wait until mid march...

DAM THIS IS KILLING ME!

The jelous beast heard she was being traded in and decided I needed a lesson... I have to replace the outer CV boots :eek:, yup both sides 1 side cracked and leaking second just starting to crack!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Good to hear, I was going to ask if there was a larger component to replace that would include the switch.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Steering column thump?

I'm new to this forum, but have been trolling over at FreshAlloy.com since I first heard about the Titan. Glad to see someone took the initiative to make a Titan-specific forum...this is place is great!

Anyways, I test drove 2 Titan King Cab 4X4's the other day and noticed a strange thump or click transmitted to the steering wheel when I went over rough pavement or bumps in the ground/median. This was only in the Titan with the Off-Road Pkg and Tow Pkg (the other Titan was an LE model with neither) though. It wasn't as though the steering was loose or mis-aligned just felt like someone tapping on the column with metal object.

Anybody have any ideas what it could have been and has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanx

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the (thump) click....

Strange but I have a new click in my steering wheel. Only seems to happen after going over bumps and it does not happen all the time. Usually it's a single click and then it stops for a while. Sometimes I can make it click after hitting some bumps by gently pulling up on the bottom of the steering wheel.

Is this the same as your click? I can't seem to figure out what it is, but mine is in the steering column for sure...

I'm a 2004 with ~12K miles.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
bradld2004 said:
Strange but I have a new click in my steering wheel. Only seems to happen after going over bumps and it does not happen all the time. Usually it's a single click and then it stops for a while. Sometimes I can make it click after hitting some bumps by gently pulling up on the bottom of the steering wheel.

Is this the same as your click? I can't seem to figure out what it is, but mine is in the steering column for sure...

I'm a 2004 with ~12K miles.
Thanks for bringing a dead thread back to life

1 - 16 of 16 Posts