Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all who put up with my newbie questions and gave me advice and info on what mods would work for my situation.

The sound from the Injen Power Flow to me is not noticeable until I get to about 1/2 throttle which I do not need around town or even on the road unless passing. But when I do get on it, it growls and the truck jumps. That is one thing I wanted. Overall, it has made the most increase in hp/tq.

The Magnaflow #12580 which replaced the Flowmaster 70 gives me the sound I want but without the extra noise in the 1200-1500 range which I did not like. Not knocking Flowmater at all, just my personal taste. If I was 23 instead of 63 I would probably like the FM better..I'd just turn the radio up and romp on it....

I wish I could measure the increases but I do not have access to a dyno (or the money to pay for tests)..But, there is a definite increase in HP and torque. I used to push the gas to accelerate; now I just lay my foot on the pedal and it goes...also, with all the stock items, there was a lot of searching/shifting in the 40-50 mph range. Now I can go up hills where it used to down shift and the truck just chugs along with plenty of torque. I can even accelerate moderately on uphil climbs and the speed increases without downshifting.

Now I realize that this is a "Performance" forum so I am sure a lot of you are saying "so what if you can putter around town with less effort" to which I answer "because that is the way I drive the truck most of the time and one of my goals was better mileage".

So, I just want to let anyone who is considering the Injen and Magnaflow items that I purchased know that they made a significant difference for me.

Performance and sound are just what I wanted....Oh, when I do go WOT, it sounds and feels like a jet plane on take off......roars and pushes you back in the seat....I don't mind that at all...:)

Hank

·
Registered
561 Posts
Glad you like them. So what's next? :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DawgBone, next I just tool around town and try to act my age....or maybe a few chrome goodies...Got to make sure I save enough $$$ for my Geritol....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hank, Congrads on your mods.Im glad this forum helped you choose an intake and exhaust that was to your liking.Im glad the magnaflow worked out for you.When you had mentioned the sound of glasspacks.I knew you would like the sound of the magnaflow.:cheers:

·
Registered
561 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts