Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i was about set on getting the brute force intake however I was looking at the "which intake do you have" poll and i saw that the Injen Powerflow CAI put out almost 10 more HP and 18ft/lbs of torque than the brute force. What do you all think would be the better choice because I havent heard too much about the Injen jus the Brute Force. Also on Injen's website it says the intake only fits 04-06 Titans, do any of you know if it would still fit an 08?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just ordered one for my 08. Everyone says it will fit with no problem. I will know for sure by the end of the week:cheers:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I think it has been discussed that most all intakes have the same gains. It all comes down to which one looks good to you. You have to take those manufacture's figures with a grain of salt. im thinking the intake should fit, i remember reading once that they were coming out with a new tube for the 07's before the 08's even came out but i havent seen another thread discussing the same thing so i guess it was just a rumor.

*edit* well heres the thread which gave me the thought of different tubes. Should work fine on the 08's then i guess.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/buy-sell/64996-injen-cai-photos.html?highlight=injen+lean

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya i thought their numbers seemed almost too much higher than everyones for them to be completely accurate, but then again it costs a good bit more too so im not sure

·
Registered
2,408 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just checked out that link and the Injen seemed to still be close to the Brute Force just a little better. the only thing i need to deciede now is if its worth that extra money

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
The Injen will perform well and is the quietest intake available.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
SWM said:
Ya i thought their numbers seemed almost too much higher than everyones for them to be completely accurate, but then again it costs a good bit more too so im not sure
whoa! well Im gunna make my own intake to sell then! it will be called the "Leadsled special edition intake" made of pvc and pantyhose for a filter. But it will be $700 so you know it performs the 30 hp gain i claim.... LOL
Im jokin you just cant believe ANYTHING a manufacture claims ive learned. I guess claims sell more than real performance. Go with what ever YOU like they are all VERY VERY close. Big name brands just cost more like anything in this world.

*I should add that although you dont have to get the top brand name i would be carfull of cheapo off brand ebay intakes. Some of these are not tested and could cause MAF issues

·
Super Moderator
93,688 Posts
I have the injen on my 07, it was easy to install and looks and works great.

·
Super Moderator
93,688 Posts
Good combination, I run JBA also :cheers:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I installed my Ingen CAI on my 08 KC Pro-4x this morning. Everything was pretty simple and just as the directions indicate. The only thing I did that was a little different was I removed the rubber grommet from the front stud that holds the OEM CAI down, and stacked it on the middle stud. After I installed the Injen I noticed that if I shook the CAI a little it was tapping on the stud. With the second grommet on the stud it is pretty tight with almost no movement.

I put over 100 miles on my truck today after the install and I am very happy so far.

Yes it has a little more noise than stock, but not much. Running around town I can turn my stereo volume to 4 or 5 (which is pretty low) and I can not hear the CAI over the music. On the interstate it is audible if you get on it to pass. Cruising at 80 I could hardly tell any difference. Punch it at 60 and you can definitely hear the difference over the stock unit.

I was worried the CAI might be too loud after hearing some of the other brands, but it is not. No whistling sounds or other high pitched air noises like some of the others. The sound when you put your foot in it is actually a deep tone.

My JBA will be going on soon, but I wanted to run the truck with just the Injen CAI to get feel for it before I did the exhaust. The Injen was pricey, but I like the fit and finish (top notch) and it is worth it to not have to listen to a whistling CAI going down the road. :cheers:

·
Registered
47 Posts
but does the 04-07 fit the 08?

·
Registered
622 Posts
fab410 said:
but does the 04-07 fit the 08?
That's the one I just put on my 08 Pro 4X. I got a SES light a few days after, but that's (apparently) not unheard of while the ECU is adjusting to the higher air flow. I've owned a K&N and Injen CAI and the Injen is the better of the two by far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts