Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking through the intake list sticky and seen the Injen gives 28hp. Is that for real or just a claim because when I clicked on the link for the dyno chart it wouldn't pull the page up. Also would you say that's BHP or RWHP? If thats true does anyone know the cheapest place to order it from? I never really felt like the intake I have did anything for me but lighten my wallet. Thank you for any input.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Injen did make a very good intake system. Unlike other intakes it has a tendency to lean the truck up a little instead of making it run rich.

It is very awesome looking under the hood and makes a bit less noise then the other intakes such as Volant and AEM.

Anytime you see a manufacturer make a HP or TQ claim they are not talking about peak numbers. Peak with this you might hit 6-10 HP and TQ.

But you get greater gains at certain points in the RPM. This is what they list...a gain they claim they found at a certain RPM.

My truck has it....and my truck runs pretty darn well.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I gotcha, either way though to add that kind of power anywhere at a certain rpm has to be useful. I am just looking for more out of my truck now that I know how fast some of you CC's are running it makes me jealous. I sure wish I had found this site before I spent my money on the intake and exhaust. Oh well live and learn right

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
According to Shaily's findings on CT, the injen gave him a dynoed 9hp and 14ft of torque. Shaily dynoed the S & B intake as giving him 12hp and 14ft of torque, plus it is about $150 less than the Injen.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i recently installed the injen cai that you are talking about, you notice it a little while taking off definitely, paired with a performance exhaust helps too, and ive actually noticed quite a difference in fuel mileage... which i mean, we all own titans here, every story we tell about our trucks starts with what gas station we had to go to first lol

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Ive had the Injen and now th e MXP. No where near my MXP but for a fact those are BS numbers for HP. Its only a bolt on so no real power there.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
I've been running an Injen for about 4 years...no issues.

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
Mxp is dyno proven for titans. Nuff said. $300 at TAP auto parts. $50 rebates make it $250. Contact [email protected] for details.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Everybody should have boughten the MXP when it first came out. I got it discounted plus $50 back and came out to be $189 shipped back then. No where close now lol

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
mine came free, but with a big hole cut in the box from the diy ram air mod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts