Nissan Titan Forum banner

Injen or Volant?

3K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  Ryno87 
#1 ·
Hey guys which is better of them two? Or any input on the Banks ram air, any other ones that is up there with these? Im thinking of getting rid of my K&N CAI and buying something different.

#2 ·
I have an Injen and love it. I love the sound it makes too.

#5 ·
The injen isn't super loud. They are both gonna perform about the same. The injen costs a good bit more. I have the injen and love it, but got it used for a good price. If you want more sound u may wanna lean toward the volant

#8 ·
I like the fact that you can add the optional ram air on the volant. When you press the gas quick does it get a good amount of air in?

Is either one of those an open design? I would choose it if so. The open top intake systems tend to generally flow better than the closed systems. (Unless modified)
They are both closed but im not sure if air flows in from the top (havent seen one in person) I kinda think my k&n takes some hot air from the engine bay in

#6 ·
Is either one of those an open design? I would choose it if so. The open top intake systems tend to generally flow better than the closed systems. (Unless modified)

#7 ·
NISMO ftw!

#10 ·
I've always thought that any brand name cold air intake is pretty much the exact same So ya it pretty much is the same. It seems your looking for more of a closed box intake, i've heard those are better, but then people say those are not as good as the open box ones... If i were you i'd spend the 300 or whatever on your header's mod.

#11 ·
The Volant or S&B are much louder than the Injen intake. Changing your Nismo just to get more resonance noise is an interesting thought.

#13 ·
The Nismo intake seals to the hood, and insulation can be wedged in around the shield tube opening if necessary.

#20 ·
Save your money.....keep your K&N, get rid of that Superchips and get Uprev. By far the best mod you will ever get. Thats my .02

Your K&N probably does pull in some trapped air, but only when you are sitting. Once you take off, or hit the gas it will pull from the fender area.

#22 ·
I upgraded to the injen from the k&n filter. I love it.

#26 ·
I had the drop in filter. You can feel a difference in the mid high end torque, or atleast i think so. I havent dyno'd yet, but it does sound a lot louder when punching it. gas mileage is a mystery, it seems the same, i havent really measured, but i definately want to step on the gas more with it. :coolsmile

#28 ·
The AEM is pretty bad azz sounding too I can try to get a vid for you if you want

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.