Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to order one of these and want to know how difficult they are to install. Do I need to take it to a shop or can I do it myself??? I have only seen pictures of them and not sure how all the necessary stock stuff hooks up to it...especially the little multi-angle plastic box attached to the stock inlet hose..

BTW, when I bought my '07 KC I was just going to drive it stock, but after visiting this site...I put a Flowmaster 70 on which came off to make way for a Magnaflow #12580, did the air box mod which will be ditched when the Injen comes in....plus several cosmetic mods I am working on...and I got a lot of satisfaction from smoking a BMW SUV that tried to pass me the other week..is there a treatment center for this problem......

·
Registered
230 Posts
The Injen Intake is very easy to install. The only extra pre-caution I used was to put the MAF sensor in a plastic bag and tied it closed until I was ready to install it in the Injen intake.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Installing a CAI is about as easy as it gets - do it yourself and save some $ for other mods! Even if you have trouble, someone here with an Injen can help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would buy from a sponser if the price is right...any suggestions..they are a little pricey but I like the idea of not much noise until WOT...

·
Registered
561 Posts
loosenut said:
The only extra pre-caution I used was to put the MAF sensor in a plastic bag and tied it closed until I was ready to install it in the Injen intake.
Pretty good tip - BE CAREFUL WITH IT. Since you're removing the sensor, why not go and pick up a can of CRC MAF Sensor Cleaner to make sure it's good and clean.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure about this, but should I disconnect a battery terminal before the installation to keep the ECU from knowing whats goings on until it comes on again???? Does putting the MAF in a bag "hide" whats happening to the system or just protect it from damage???

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Putting the MAF sensor in a brown bag keeps the ECU from seeing what you're doing to her.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
On a more serious note, when you remove the old intake tube, just place the tube in a safe area. Transfer the sensor from the old tube to the new tube on your kitchen table, mark the direction of the sensor before you remove it. The battery does not have to be disconnected.

·
Registered
302 Posts
sudden urge said:
On a more serious note, when you remove the old intake tube, just place the tube in a safe area. Transfer the sensor from the old tube to the new tube on your kitchen table, mark the direction of the sensor before you remove it. The battery does not have to be disconnected.
I agree if you are not really sure on how to install it. It is safer to put the MAF in out of the truck.That way there is less chance of you accidently dropping it on the ground.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good advice guys..at times I've worked on things from pocket watches to AK-47's to lawn mowers and I have learned that a clean shop is better by far and I try to keep mine neat..

any other tips would be appreciated..I have looked on-line and about $375 seems to be the best price..is that reasonable??

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
pastprime said:
good advice guys..at times I've worked on things from pocket watches to AK-47's to lawn mowers and I have learned that a clean shop is better by far and I try to keep mine neat..

any other tips would be appreciated..I have looked on-line and about $375 seems to be the best price..is that reasonable??
I haven't looked in a month or so, but I found an Injen somewhere online for $335 delivered.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'll keep looking for a little while then...well worth the time to save that much..

Got to try different search engines as they all seem to give different results.

Thanks

Update 07/25/07:

Injen arrived today. I installed it in 45 mins including putting my tools back. Sure glad I bought some metric allen wrenches...It looks great and the first test drive showed definite increase in hp/tq from the take off.....I cannot hear it until I go almost WOT...for me this seems to be the perfect choice....Thanks for all the advice..
Hank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts