Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site, just bought a '08 Pro-4X that is going to see a lot of time in the dirt. I have read all the threads I can find about suspension mods and can not find specifics on what I am looking for.

I want a long travel or at least a mid-travel suspension, the truck is going to be used under semi high speed dirt conditions. For two weeks I have looked at all the options and right now NCD seems to be the only guys out there offering a complete kit for the front and rear of the truck. My concern is that I have seen a number of times in this forum that NCD is made fun of. I have searched for a real product review and find nothing. Does the NCD stuff have issues, will it not hold up, does it have problems?

Sorry to ask such a newbie question but this (Suspension) is the one area of building the truck that I have not finalized, I need help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
im pretty sure theres a couple other companies that make a long travel kit but I cant remember the names right now. I think Fugitive Fab makes one, or was in the process of making one. Also Camburg is making one as well (mid and long travel). CST also makes one I think.

There is a local Titan that has the NCD kit though I havent seen it up close the truck looks *****in. If you are gonna drop that much cash (15-20K+ cus you are gonna need the back and a cage or the titan will bend) I would just go down there and talk with the guys and look at their stuff.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'll be the first to say I don't have any experience with NCD's products. Are they any good? I don't know. This topic has sparked lots of passionate debates in the past. I do know that PRG (PrerunnerGreg) offers a wide variety of suspension components that he has helped design, fabricate, and test using his personal vehicles as the guinea pigs. I have his 4" Performance Pkg. on my KC 4x4 and it's been great. Greg offers a mid-travel kit which will give you about 13" of travel. Here's a link describing the set-up:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-suspension/61814-prg-mid-travel-37s.html?highlight=mid+travel

Greg is a great guy to talk to and do business with. He won't try to sell you something you don't need. And no one beats his customer service! Do a search for posts by guys like Kartman and Hooligan (they beat the living **** out of their trucks) and you'll see how well PRG performs. As far as I know, NCD's products have never been put to the test off-road. And I don't mean that to be derogatory of NCD!

Here's a link to Greg's site:

http://prgproducts.com/

You might try to send him a PM. He's PrerunnerGreg on this forum. But he's super-busy. I would just call him. He always returns his calls.

(951) 780-5331

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
NCD is great. Call there and talk to Gary hes the owner and a super nice guy. He'll set you up with what your looking for without trying to sell you the world. NCD isnt made fun of its just a few PRG guys that are blinde and look oly one direction. PRG is great to dont get me wrong, just a little more pricey cause they are a bit smaller. Both companies make a varyation of a very similar LT kit, just look and choose the one that fits you. NCD will back their work too so dont be worrying about that

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
For the same or less money there are better kits with more travel that perform better and are stronger.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
PRG is great. Call there and talk to GREG hes the owner and a super nice guy. He'll set you up with what your looking for without trying to sell you the world. PRG doesnt make fun of competition, just a few NCD guys that are ignorant and look oly one direction. NCD makes decent products, dont get me wrong, just MUCH more pricey cause they sell leveling kits at a LOSS. Both companies make a variation of a very similar LT kit, just look and choose the one that fits you. PRG will back their work ALWAYS so dont be worrying about that. :deathsent

for me i will always choose the company that HAS years of experience and know-how in the industry. a company where the CEO is a Racer, Co-Driver, off-road track owner, suspension guru, and builder of suspension set-ups for various race teams. a company where customer service has been top-notch, true and honorable from day one. a company, although small, destroys personal trucks (titans) to design/build components built to withstand the rigors of offroad abuse. i could go on and on, but there is only one company i trust my money and titan with and that's PRGproducts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts