Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup fam! it's been awhile since i've been active here but wanted to update you on a couple of things. first, the whole passenger side of my truck needs to be repainted as the clear coat is peeling and the passenger rear door is fading now. the right side was already done a couple of years ago since the last accident i posted when my wheel flew off lol. (scary moment btw!) what i want to know is should i or shouldn't i paint the flares the same color as the truck or does the black flares compliment the black components on the truck already such as the wheels, ironcross step bars and the front end? or should i also paint the front bumper silver as well? please let me know as i'm probably getting this done in the next month or two. oh, price quote for this work is $1400 ($1000 for the body, $300 for the flares painted black, $100 for a dent repair on the drivers side rear door)

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
168 Posts
To me, it's kind of a classy truck vs brawny truck thing. My 2012 is white with lots of chrome and has the thin, color matched OEM flares. It definitely has a "city truck" vibe to it. Your truck looks more like a "country truck" to me. I think the black flares look great with the black wheels, bumpers, mirrors and grille. My opinion is to keep the flares black.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
My 2011 Pro4X CC has black flares on Majestic Blue (effectively navy blue) body, from the factory. I've been thinking about upgrading my flares and trying to figure out black v. paint myself. I think with your truck, in the light silver, the contrast looks really good. But that's just me. I also like the dark monochromatic look of my MB Pro4X, so it's the silver which makes the difference for me, I think. It would probably look good either way, but just depends on how much contrast you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts