Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a leveling kit and I purchased the bump stops as well. But the bump stops dont fit in the location where the old ones are. It seems that there isnt enough room to put the stops in the stock location. Im confused.

And from what I have read, it seems that people get the clunking noise when the suspension is fully drooped and I seem to get it in the opposite time. When the truck hits a major up ramp and the suspension compresses.

Any eplanations or ideas would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
You didn't buy the PRG kit did you? What kit do you have and what bumpstops did you buy. They should fit fine, my need to be re-threaded, but that is all.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
No bumpstops would explain loud noises when the suspension compresses.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
You might need to drill out the hole where the old bump stop was to install the new one. The new one may be taller then the old, but there's a reason...You do have to jack up the truck and let the suspension "hang" to do the install.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But if I have to jack it up to do the install because there isnt room, doesnt that defeat the purpose of having the coil spring for suspension? If I put the bumpstops in, the truck will ride on the bumpstops and there wont be any suspension travel.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the NCD kit. I know I need to drill out the hole because Ive test fitted it, but the whole thing just doesnt make much sense to me I guess.

Anyone have any clear pics of them installed without being jacked up in the air?

·
Super Moderator
162,287 Posts
Are you putting then in place of the LOWER bump stops? The ones that come with the PRG kit are to replace those. Something's strange here. What kind of kit is it?

·
Super Moderator
162,287 Posts
The ones you should use are about 2.5 inches tall, and look kinda like a cake with several layers, each getting smaller as it goes up. Kinda like the old Devo hats. They're for the compression swing on the arm, not the droop. You no longer have quite the travel for droop as you once did because you've already pushed the upper A arm down by either 2 or 2.5 inches with the spacer.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
But if I have to jack it up to do the install because there isnt room, doesnt that defeat the purpose of having the coil spring for suspension? If I put the bumpstops in, the truck will ride on the bumpstops and there wont be any suspension travel.
I can't type for others, but PRG's come close but do clear at normal ride height. Because of the motion ratio the bumpstop moves much less the the actual wheel...The new bumpstop(PRG's) are kind of progessive.

·
Premium Member
59,070 Posts
I have the NCD kit and I ordered their bumps stops when I got the kit. I did my installation a while back and I can’t remember if I had to do any drilling or not to install the stops. When I first put them on it didn't look right. The bump stops don’t hit at normal ride height but they are closer than I thought they should be. But like loufish says the stops move less than the wheel.

·
Premium Member
59,070 Posts
MrHunter602 said:
Anyone have any clear pics of them installed without being jacked up in the air?
I'll be rotating my tires this weekend. If a picture hasn't been posted by then I'll post one.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I've got the PRG bump stops and you have to drill the existing whole to fit the new bump stop. I installed my bump stops without lifting the truck. You should have more then enough space to work under there with the leveling kit on.

·
Registered
251 Posts
EVO8 said:
I've got the PRG bump stops and you have to drill the existing whole to fit the new bump stop. I installed my bump stops without lifting the truck. You should have more then enough space to work under there with the leveling kit on.
Same here with the NCD kit, drilled out the holes a little, but jacking up not necessary. Check out some pics here:NCD Level Install

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These look like the same bumpstops that I have. But when my truck is sitting, there isnt enough room to put the bumpstops in. And if I put them in, the bumpstop looks like it will be pushing up on that bar above.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And even in that pic it looks like it will sit the same. It doesnt look like the wheel is on and it looks like the truck is on a jack. So when the wheel is put back on and the truck is lowered, wont the bumpstop hit that upper bar?

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Try it and see. That's about the only advice I can offer.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Throw away your bumpstops then and install a louder stereo so you dont hear the noise going over bumps.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Thats what happens when you ignore all the other good advice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts