Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both sides are leaking so while I'm at it, I'm gonna throw in a truetrac.

So what would be a good price for two new seals and a truetrac installed? Seals are only about $40 ish, so that will be added in too... Any advice is mucho appreciated :D

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Back in January, the right rear cost me about $350 ... bearing $68.38, collar $13.92, axle seal $30.28, brake cleaner $3.99; Labor $220.
The shop ordered the parts from a Nissan dealership.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the link I was looking at, but doola still has one for sale so we'll see where that goes. Thanks for all the info bestat!

Ill give 4x4parts a call after work. Can't wait to lose one wheel peel! :D

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
That's the link I was looking at, but doola still has one for sale so we'll see where that goes. Thanks for all the info bestat!

Ill give 4x4parts a call after work. Can't wait to lose one wheel peel! :D
4X4 Parts is a supporting vender on here, so mention TT to see if you can get a members discount.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Another thing to think about is parking brake shoes, as axle seal leak can soak the parking brake shoes. About $60 for shoes (4 shoes come in a set, 2 per side) and hardware kit (springs & clips for both sides) will do both sides from rockauto.com. If your parking brake works good, you probably don't need this.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My parking brake still works just fine. I'd rather not let it sit there though... Haha

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Another thing to think about is parking brake shoes, as axle seal leak can soak the parking brake shoes. About $60 for shoes (4 shoes come in a set, 2 per side) and hardware kit (springs & clips for both sides) will do both sides from rockauto.com. If your parking brake works good, you probably don't need this.
My parking brake sucks these days...I need to get on this.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey lurch, how you liking yout TT so far? I'm way excited to get one :D

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Lovin' it dude! I haven't romped on it lately but I love the extra stability in turns and the occasional unexpected pavement squeal ;). Lovin' the Mag-hytech cover too.

Oh, and the install w/both seals was about $450 for me...I think. I'll have to go look at my old thread...lol.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can't wait to get it! :D

I'd be happy with 450 lol

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey bestatchess, since your so nifty with part numbers I have one last request... Any chance you know the part # for the rear diff drain plug? The magnetic one? Last time I changed my diff oil it got a little bent up

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Everything is so complicated. Apparently there are different drain plugs depending on what truck you have. Also, my 2004 has the drain plug threaded into the rear axle housing, and not into the cover, as shown in the drawings. I bought a PML cover, which does not provide a drain plug in the cover, for this reason. YourCovers.com PML Nissan Titan Differential Cover "The cover does not have a drain hole because Nissan provides a drain in the differential housing. " I pointed this out to them in the design phase.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...ns/22799-new-titan-diff-cover.html#post274270

380 Rear Final Drive :: Power Train :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: Titan Parts (A60) 2004-2011 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So it looks like I need part #38351FA

5.21+shipping isn't too bad. Lot less then I expected. Dude, you've been my hero as of late

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
So it looks like I need part #38351FA

5.21+shipping isn't too bad. Lot less then I expected. Dude, you've been my hero as of late
38351FA isn't the part number. If you click on the part code 38351FA (or whatever they call it) you get three different choices, with different part numbers, all called 38351FA, with different prices. So if you need the $5.21 drain plug, the part number is 32103-A60014.

380 Rear Final Drive

These products matched your selected vehicle...
Products
Displaying 1 to 3 (of 3 products) Result Pages: 1

[38351FA] PLUG-DRAIN
Titan (A60) 32103-A60014
2004-2011
More Info Price: $5.21

[38351FA] PLUG-DRAIN
Titan (A60) 32103-A60005
2005-2006 4WD (LOCKING DIFF Off-Road Package-Heavy Duty Suspension)
More Info Price: $6.09

[38351FA] PLUG-DRAIN
Titan (A60) 32103-A60019
2010-2011 OFFROAD
More Info Price: $11.76

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Doh, yeah that one. Ill order that here pretty soon too. Oh, I swear this is the last question.

You remember my transfer case leak? When I go to put fluid back in it, I can't use matic S correct? I know there's another type of fluid, just wanna make sure before I dive into that adventure haha

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alright, back to the dealer I go... Haha. I'm willing to bet after the fix, ill have lost quite a bit between it and the leak. Thanks so much bestat!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Storm -
I'm up here in the PNW and was wondering how the install went and where you had it done? One of my seals recently blew (again), and I'm going to have someone put in the TrueTrac and do the work on both seals...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts