Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all the guys who know audio I have a question for you! I am getting ready to install a system in my T. I will be running the factory HU, cdt comps and coaxials, a Boston G1 sub under the rear seat, and powering it all through a Infinity Kappa 5 amp; oh and plenty on mat. The amp can use speaker level inputs to receive the audio signals, so that is my plan. My only question is the turn on lead! I need a 12v source than comes on only when the truck is on. Does anyone know if the radio power wire only turns on with the ignition? Or does anyone know where else to tap for the turn on? Also how hard is it to remove the center counsel?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...6165-console-removal-acoustic-insulation.html

For amp turn on, I tapped the passenger side lighter socket circuit (which turns on with ignition) in the fuse panel on the passenger side dash with a Littel Fuse Mini Add A Circuit and ran a wire from that to a sort of hidden rocker switch I mounted on the lower plastic dash skirt on the driver's side. By flipping the switch to off, it will cut power to the remote amp turn on, even with the ignition is on. This can be useful when somebody else is going to be driving your truck and you don't want them to blast your speakers.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
^^^^^^ Couldn't have said it better!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Since I'm using speaker level inputs, I'm guessing I only need to tap the respective FL, FR, RL, and RR positive (+) speaker wire from the HU. I plan to run a reverse pigtail so I don't have to clip any factory wiring.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
If you have the non-Rockford Fosgate oem HU, you will get speaker level at the back of the HU. If you have the RF oem HU, you will get extremely low level signals at the back of the HU.

In my 2004, I used Schoche regular and reverse harness/pigtails (NN03 and NN03R I think - also sold on Ebay as Nissan 1995 & up regular and reverse) and a 4channel Navone LOC, soldered & heat shrinked the appropriate wires, and then plugged it into the HU and the factory harness. I pulled new speaker wire from my 4 channel amp through the door boots.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
If you have the non-Rockford Fosgate oem HU, you will get speaker level at the back of the HU. If you have the RF oem HU, you will get extremely low level signals at the back of the HU.

In my 2004, I used Schoche regular and reverse harness/pigtails (NN03 and NN03R I think - also sold on Ebay as Nissan 1995 & up regular and reverse) and a 4channel Navone LOC, soldered & heat shrinked the appropriate wires, and then plugged it into the HU and the factory harness. I pulled new speaker wire from my 4 channel amp through the door boots.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I used the radio fuse in the in-cab fuse box. Just take out the fuse, insert the wire into the left side of the socket, and put the fuse back in to hold the wire in place. Works fine for me. Also, if you don't want to use your HU to splice onto the speaker wires you can remove the white plastic cover underneath the edge of your carpet at any door on either side of your truck to access the wires. Seemed a lot easier to me.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Shoot, for power i ran my amp straight to the battery :p simple. hahaha

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
What if You have a RF system can I use the wires that are under the drivers side seat going to the 8? If so what wires are what? Im basicallygetting tech12's re 10 package and need to know where to mount the amp and wire it up. Sorry didn't mean to jack the thread. Any pictures would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Just a suggestion... If you're using the stock HU, look into running through a Peripheral PCH-8 . It will help your stock HU produce actual sound and not offer bad or muffled signals to your higher end audio equipment.

You can get one here: You won't regret it...

·
Registered
67 Posts
AZPRO, yes you can use the speaker wires running to your 8. Just splice onto them and run them to your new sub(s). As far as the power wire goes, I would suggest getting your power from a main source, such as your battery, because you need a low gauge wire, I think I have a 03 gauge, to give your amp enough power. When it comes to mounting the amp, I put mine under the driver's seat. It's a good place to put it because there are 4 holes under your seat that you can run the power wire from your battery to your amp, just remove the white plugs (picture). Also, if you wanted to put a switch on the wire, you can install it right under your seat, making your sub easy to switch on/off.

Attachments

Reactions: AZPRO4X

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks guys. Since I'm using speaker level inputs, I'm guessing I only need to tap the respective FL, FR, RL, and RR positive (+) speaker wire from the HU. I plan to run a reverse pigtail so I don't have to clip any factory wiring.
I don't know if the wire colors are the same going to the HU, but here are the wires I spliced onto to connect my step-down (instead of going behind the HU). I dont remember which ones were the front and rear for each side, but the wires (black&yellow, lightblue) on the driver side are the left speakers and the wires (orange&blue, red&blue) on the passenger side are the right speakers. If you have a multimeter you can figure out which ones are the front and rear by adjusting your radio settings to play only the front speakers and then only the rear speakers. The two wires that have current when you're playing the front speakers are your two front speaker wires, and same with the rear. The other picture is the place where the wires are located on each side of your truck. Just remove the white cover by placing a flathead screwdriver in the slots and pulling up on the cover. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
AZPRO, yes you can use the speaker wires running to your 8. Just splice onto them and run them to your new sub(s). As far as the power wire goes, I would suggest getting your power from a main source, such as your battery, because you need a low gauge wire, I think I have a 03 gauge, to give your amp enough power. When it comes to mounting the amp, I put mine under the driver's seat. It's a good place to put it because there are 4 holes under your seat that you can run the power wire from your battery to your amp, just remove the white plugs (picture). Also, if you wanted to put a switch on the wire, you can install it right under your seat, making your sub easy to switch on/off.
Hey thanks alot! So im going to need a RCA converter ? Does anyone know what colors are for what Left/right ect & im guessing there is a switched power wire going to the factory sub ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts