Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I finally got around to installing the 2" Rough Country leveling kit on my Pro4X. Took me longer than expected but at least it's done. I bought it used off a fellow member and everything went together as expected.

Before:

After:

I drove over a few speed bumps at various speeds, and when driven fast enough I'm able to hear the upper A-arm contact the coil bucket. I plan to drive it this week and grind down areas of the coil bucket where contact is being made when I go to re-torque all the bolts down.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Looks good man! Unfortunately the UCA's are most likely hitting along the middle of of the CB so You wont be able to Grind that down. Not trying to be a bummer but I delt with The same thing.

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
looks good. and x2 and what he said^^^. i might take mine off actually cause of this.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
looks good man, nice truck.:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. It looks like I should start looking for upper control arms and slightly bigger tires :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks guys. It looks like I should start looking for upper control arms and slightly bigger tires :)
Is it bad for just normal street driving? I have the exact same model, if you need the control arms should I just get the 3 inch kit that comes with it?

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Is it bad for just normal street driving? I have the exact same model, if you need the control arms should I just get the 3 inch kit that comes with it?
Normal street driving it wont be that bad unless you drive on nasty roads. I would just.get the whole kit and do it the right way the first time, it will save alot of hassle.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't driven it much because I'm waiting to get it aligned, but I haven't noticed any contact during normal city driving. It probably won't be a big issue for me because I don't get off road much these days.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I had a level on mine too and it only did this on speed bumps and when the road dropped down changing levels.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Im getting ready to buy a leveling kit. So do I go with a 3" that comes with UCA's? I heard that the 3" RC lift doesnt work right and you only buy it for the UCA's???? I wanna run 33's and dont know the best way to do so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did the same and love/loved my truck until my upper control arm broke while my wife and daughter where driving (lucky it happened while she was stopping at a light). Nissan have been terrible about the whole event and will not offer any help. I suggest you do as I am now doing and put PRG's uca's on, before we see a tragic accident. The stock parts are sub par and should be recalled.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the heads up cyqq

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yesterday I finally got around to installing the 2" Rough Country leveling kit on my Pro4X. Took me longer than expected but at least it's done. I bought it used off a fellow member and everything went together as expected.

Before:

After:

I drove over a few speed bumps at various speeds, and when driven fast enough I'm able to hear the upper A-arm contact the coil bucket. I plan to drive it this week and grind down areas of the coil bucket where contact is being made when I go to re-torque all the bolts down.
Hey nice truck by the way. I have a 2010 Pro 4x as well and wondering if you installed any rear blocks? Would a 3" Rc work or any 3" work on a 2010 or is it better to stick to a 2"?Im so confused of what leveling kit i want for the front like a 1.5, 2 or 3. But i dnt wanna end up damamging my truck. I hear that if you installed a 3" there would be no contact on the UCA with the bucket. If you can please help me i would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I did the same and love/loved my truck until my upper control arm broke while my wife and daughter where driving (lucky it happened while she was stopping at a light). Nissan have been terrible about the whole event and will not offer any help. I suggest you do as I am now doing and put PRG's uca's on, before we see a tragic accident. The stock parts are sub par and should be recalled.
I have a 2010 Pro 4x and wanna get it leveled was planning to get a 3" Rc but i here theres to many problems. Whats the best way to go on a leveling kit withough having any hassel later on? Should i get a 2" if so what brand works best for this adn would i be able to get a 1" in the rear as well. Thanks guys. I just havent done anything cuz i here all these accidents and just worry since i have my family in the truck. I do wanna give it a aggresive look and would like a 3 or 2 in the front and should i add a 1 in the back for either. Hope to here from you.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey nice truck by the way. I have a 2010 Pro 4x as well and wondering if you installed any rear blocks? Would a 3" Rc work or any 3" work on a 2010 or is it better to stick to a 2"?Im so confused of what leveling kit i want for the front like a 1.5, 2 or 3. But i dnt wanna end up damamging my truck. I hear that if you installed a 3" there would be no contact on the UCA with the bucket. If you can please help me i would really appreciate it.
I only have 2" spacers in the front. I don't have anything in the rear, but plan to put 1" blocks back there. If you do a 2" level in the front, get UCA's. I think Rough Country has a kit with UCA's and 2" blocks. I would also suggest getting something that allows you to adjust your camber further than stock. When looking at my truck from the front, it looks as if the front suspension has + camber. It doesn't, it actually is set with 0 deg. of camber, but it looks bad to me. Its just another issue I plan to fix.

I can't speak to a 3" kit, I don't have any experiences with them.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I have a 2010 Pro 4x and wanna get it leveled was planning to get a 3" Rc but i here theres to many problems. Whats the best way to go on a leveling kit withough having any hassel later on? Should i get a 2" if so what brand works best for this adn would i be able to get a 1" in the rear as well. Thanks guys. I just havent done anything cuz i here all these accidents and just worry since i have my family in the truck. I do wanna give it a aggresive look and would like a 3 or 2 in the front and should i add a 1 in the back or either. Hope to here from you.
what problems you have been hearing about the RC kit?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Probably that when running Bilstein 5100's struts, that on some of the PRO-4x's, they had to purchase 1.5" leveling kits to get rid of the coil bucket contact, and that some also have had issues with running wider tires on stock rims or with stock backspaced or greater rims. Of course if someone runs a skinny 11.2" wide Kumho KL71 (35x12.5R18), then rubbing probably won't be an issue. Lol

Their newer revision of their UCA's hopefully addressed both clearance issues, but Idk.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well before the new 3" RC leveling kit cam out that the uca where hitting the bucket but they care of that with the new 3" Rc. Do you think Rc is a good brand? Just wanna buy a good brand as well. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I only have 2" spacers in the front. I don't have anything in the rear, but plan to put 1" blocks back there. If you do a 2" level in the front, get UCA's. I think Rough Country has a kit with UCA's and 2" blocks. I would also suggest getting something that allows you to adjust your camber further than stock. When looking at my truck from the front, it looks as if the front suspension has + camber. It doesn't, it actually is set with 0 deg. of camber, but it looks bad to me. Its just another issue I plan to fix.

I can't speak to a 3" kit, I don't have any experiences with them.
Yeah RC came out with a 3" RC Leveling kit that came with UCA which more and likely those are the ones i will be getting with the 1 in the rear. I really dont understand what you meant by getting to adjust the camber. Can you explain. Thanks. Where you from? Did you install the 2" in the front yourself?

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Well before the new 3" RC leveling kit cam out that the uca where hitting the bucket but they care of that with the new 3" Rc. Do you think Rc is a good brand? Just wanna buy a good brand as well. Thanks
RC is a good company and has been around for a long time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts