Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all who recommended the AEM Brute Force. :cheers: I installed it last night and totally love it. It definately woke the TITAN up and makes it sound sweet too!

I give it two thumbs way up and recommend it to anyone who does not have one.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Did you notice large power gains with it? You sound excited so you must have.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Underagedtitan said:
Did you notice large power gains with it? You sound excited so you must have.
Oh yah. My friend who helped me install it noticed right away too. Definately worth every penny.

I had a K & N on my 98 Dakota and it didnt help half as much as the AEM does on my TITAN.

Great product. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
You sound really happy about your mod, congrats. So how was the install? Any problems or advice you can give to others concidering the same mod? I have been looking at CAI's but haven't made my mind up yet. There are some good units out there.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
luvbelly said:
You sound really happy about your mod, congrats. So how was the install? Any problems or advice you can give to others concidering the same mod? I have been looking at CAI's but haven't made my mind up yet. There are some good units out there.
Install was not too bad. It's a good one to do with a few beers:cheers: A couple of the steps (directions) can be frustrating but as long as you're not in a hurry it's a snap. FYI: You do not need to take your drivers side wheel off! If you have an extra set of hands you're all set. Total install (with a lot of B.S. time) took about an hour and a half. If I wasnt drinkin beer could do it in a half hour (but whats the fun in that?).

I would be amazed to see an intake for the TITAN that performs better than the AEM.

Do it. You won't regret it. :cheers:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have heard great things about the AEM and the Volant! which is really the best? Im considering both and possibly the injen!

·
Registered
4 Posts
?man, I can't wait to get my Brute Force! I just recently got Flowmasters put on my Pro-4x. Hey, when you ordered the intake, was it for an '07? I went to DCSPORTS.COM and they don't have anything for '08s. I'm only assuming it would be the same.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shifty254 said:
?man, I can't wait to get my Brute Force! I just recently got Flowmasters put on my Pro-4x. Hey, when you ordered the intake, was it for an '07? I went to DCSPORTS.COM and they don't have anything for '08s. I'm only assuming it would be the same.
I actually did not order mine online. I talked a local shop guy down from $350 to $250 (I'd rather talk to someone face to face if something goes wrong). His book actually listed the AEM for the 04-06 TITAN but it fit just fine. I'm sure ordering the 07 model would be okay.

You'll be happy w/ the AEM!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts

·
Super Moderator
93,864 Posts
I think all of the CAI's have comparable performance increases. You need to purchase the one that you like the looks of, or has the price that meets your wallet capacity.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Jon_UT said:
looking at that thread there is no specified gains for the volant and it seem the Injen powerflow has a huge amount of gains compared to all the other so why isn't the Injen powerflow purchased more often? It seems I only hear about the volant, aem and s&b intakes.
i cant remember who but i was reading a long heated thread about the injen, some guy dynowed his truck before and after and the gains were only about 15hp to the wheels with the hood open and a banks exhaust system.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
ok well that makes more sense. I still want to go with volant even though there are no gains proven in that thread

·
Registered
318 Posts
I wanted to get a volant for my truck but after reading so many people talk about the vibrations that they make kinda makes me nervous about the purchase. I think I am leading toward the bruteforce now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also was looking at the volant and the Aem. I like how the volant is covered but id like to see some firm evidents in regard to hp and tq gains. I havent heard anything about the vibes in the volant intake... if you could explain that it would be great. The Aem seems to have solid proof as to hp gains and torque although it is aluminum and does get heat soaked. Does it collect dust and dirt around the cone?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Titanup07 said:
I wanted to get a volant for my truck but after reading so many people talk about the vibrations that they make kinda makes me nervous about the purchase. I think I am leading toward the bruteforce now.
Must be on earlier models. I have a Gen III on my '07 & no problems here.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have loved my AEM Brute Force since the day I put it on. I think that many of the gains you will see will be similar across brands, but the biggest thing for me is the Dry Filter. NO OIL! Also, it is CARB approved and street legal.

CARB and Street Legal

·
Registered
61 Posts
BlackPro4x08 said:
Install was not too bad. It's a good one to do with a few beers:cheers: A couple of the steps (directions) can be frustrating but as long as you're not in a hurry it's a snap. FYI: You do not need to take your drivers side wheel off! If you have an extra set of hands you're all set. Total install (with a lot of B.S. time) took about an hour and a half. If I wasnt drinkin beer could do it in a half hour (but whats the fun in that?).

I would be amazed to see an intake for the TITAN that performs better than the AEM.

Do it. You won't regret it. :cheers:
just installed mine a couple days ago and was woundering why you had to take the wheel off? but your right about the beers:cheers: but i really didnt notice a whole lot of diffrence, little louder, especially at start up. then again i really havent done any WOT.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
scwoody said:
just installed mine a couple days ago and was woundering why you had to take the wheel off? but your right about the beers:cheers: but i really didnt notice a whole lot of diffrence, little louder, especially at start up. then again i really havent done any WOT.
I said you do NOT have to take the wheel off:cheers: I can't believe you dont notice any difference. Maybe the ECU needs to learn thats its there. I notice mine from 1st gear. I also notice it more now than right after it was put in.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts