Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing the Frozen Rotors Big Brake Kit in my 04 Titan it need quite a bit more pressure.
It does stop but it takes considerable more effort.
It doesn't seem to have the same "bite" that the old OEM brakes had.
Is this normal?
Indictive of another problem? Booster, Master Cylinder ?
Any advice would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
19,533 Posts
What type of pads did you put on? Did the new rotors come with instructions on how to bed the pads to the rotors?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hawk Performance LTS pads

·
Premium Member
19,533 Posts
I can only give you my experience with Frozen Rotors. I put them on my wife's 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan because I was tired of her cooking the rotors. The first set were grinding really bad and FR replaced them. The replacement set was on the car for maybe 10,000 miles and I couldn't stand it any longer. The braking was so much worse than even the warped rotors that had been on there.

I put a set of Bosch rotors and pads on and that lasted a good long time with very good braking, much better than Frozen Rotors.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well no grinding , they are smooth but it takes MUCH more pressure.
Don't know if it an expected behavior or if there is another issue.
I do have a manifold issue so I am not driving it much until my Cajun JBA Stage 2 exhaust arrives.
Maybe bleeding, maybe master cylinder, or booster or a vacuum issue?
Maybe it is just the pads?
They ARE working but not quite the performance I expected.
I think I will eventually figure it out.

·
Premium Member
19,533 Posts
Bleeding the brakes should have been part of the install process. If that doesn't help, consider a different pad. Are those pads what FR recommended?

If the braking is worse than before then you have to blame what changed. The booster and master cylinder didn't change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts