Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed NCD leveling kit + Silent Armor LT275\70R18

I finally got around to installing the NCD 2” Leveling kit I bought with the group buy. Looks good and the installation went smooth. After the install I took it in for an alignment and new shoes. I went with the Goodyear Wrangler Silent armor LT275\70R18.

Very impressed with both so far. The NCD came with everything needed including new bumpstops & cotter pins. Instructions were well written.

The tires have very good wet & dry traction on the road. I haven’t really gone off-road with them yet, just a dirt road, but I think they will do well both on-road and off.

Here’s the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: I got off into some mud today and these tires were awesome. Self-cleaned the thick sticky stuff very well. Sorry no pics, I didn’t have the camera with me…

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have these same exact tires on my titan. They are much better than the BFGoodrich ATs. They are smooth and very quiet, they have great traction off road, they grip well on dry pavement, they are great in the rain, awesome in the snow, and the tread cleans very well and very quickly. I just went off roading this past weekend and out of all the guys on the trail that had BFG ATs and procomp ATs and others, I was the only guy that had clean tread coming out of the wooded trails. No pebbles, no mud, nuthing but a bit of dust. A lot of the guys were impressed with them since Goodyear's older wranglers werent so good. A couple of guys were actually thinking about swaping their tires for a new set of these. Though I did have problems with traction in a couple areas in 2WD because of the open diff, it would have been way worse with the old bridgestones. Once I get the Tru trac installed, I might not need 4WD very much at all.
These tires cost me $865.00 installed and balanced at sears. Worth the money IMO.

·
Registered
147 Posts
That's a good price for 4 tires installed. The B.F.G. AT's cost me around $1000, if I remember correctly. But what about tire life? I know from past experience that the B.F.G.'s last a very long time. My '04 came with the Goodyear Wrangler SA or SR or something, I can't remember exactly, but I only got about 15,000 miles out of them. They were complete crap.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brianyzf said:
How much did you pay for the tires? They look good. I have the B.F.G. AT's, which I love but they are expensive.
I got mine locally for $888.00. This included tax, mount & balance. I don't have many miles on them yet so I can't speak as to the life of the tires, but if the reviews from tirerack.com are anything to go buy I'm expecting to get alot of miles out of them. I got 42,000 out of the stock SR-A's.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Z-Hauler said:
I have these same exact tires on my titan. They are much better than the BFGoodrich ATs. They are smooth and very quiet, they have great traction off road, they grip well on dry pavement, they are great in the rain, awesome in the snow, and the tread cleans very well and very quickly. I just went off roading this past weekend and out of all the guys on the trail that had BFG ATs and procomp ATs and others, I was the only guy that had clean tread coming out of the wooded trails. No pebbles, no mud, nuthing but a bit of dust. A lot of the guys were impressed with them since Goodyear's older wranglers werent so good. A couple of guys were actually thinking about swaping their tires for a new set of these. Though I did have problems with traction in a couple areas in 2WD because of the open diff, it would have been way worse with the old bridgestones. Once I get the Tru trac installed, I might not need 4WD very much at all.
These tires cost me $865.00 installed and balanced at sears. Worth the money IMO.
I agree. These tires are much improved over the other Wrangler tires in the Goodyear lineup. Being in the deep south I was looking for a tire that would do well in the MUD (not much rock crawling or sand around here) without the noise/ride of an actual MT tire. These tires fit the bill exactly. They ride smooth and are quiet on the road yet have very good off-road capability.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Brianyzf said:
That's a good price for 4 tires installed. The B.F.G. AT's cost me around $1000, if I remember correctly. But what about tire life? I know from past experience that the B.F.G.'s last a very long time. My '04 came with the Goodyear Wrangler SA or SR or something, I can't remember exactly, but I only got about 15,000 miles out of them. They were complete crap.
I forgot to mention that these tires come with a 50,000 mile treadwear warranty.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Just a closeup of the tread

·
Registered
599 Posts
looks good man

·
Registered
279 Posts
that looks good man thats what i was thinking bout getting for mine