Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parts I bought (at local dealer where I bought my truck)
999U9-AS004 Sirius tuner $215
999U9-VS003 SIGMA antenna $68
999U9-VS006 Tuner pack brackets $20
All in stock.
TOTAL (tax inc) $323.45 :eek:

Went in pretty quick. I did not remove any of the lower dash trim panels. Only thing I unbolted was the gas pedal assembly. :ninja: Mounted it using the brackets, piggy-back on the BCM with included bolts. Solid. PM me if you want a little more detailed procedure on how I did it.

From what I can tell, this is the latest Sirius tuner, it has one antenna jack, so no dorking around with a splitter. Tuner kit comes with a nice bag of installation goodies: velcro, cable ties, tape, foam pads etc, etc. Hanging on to what I don't use for other projects.

Sigma antenna. I was shocked at it's size when I unpacked it (big), but now that it is up, it is very unobtrusive. Mounted it dead-center on the glass in the shaded area above the mirror.

Only thing left is to finish routing antenna wire, and dressing up wires to/from mirror. It was dark out when I got it running, I will clean that up this w/e. I will get a pic up when done for those who are itching to try this.

Got it activated, the sound quality is fantastic. Equal or better than CD. Now I am gonna have to upgrade speakers and get a nice 100w 4 channel amp so I can fully enjoy it!

Yes, it is the more costly way to go. Probably set up a no-frills portable setup for a quarter of the costs.

But it works great, I can just tap the audio button if I want title/artist, a turn of the tuning knob shows the rest of the song/artist name if it is long. I have assigned presets, so I can use the wheel controls for volume and flipping between presets, and jumping between music categories.
:bouncy:

I know there are a couple of other guys here thinking about doing this- just go for it!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Internet n00b said:
You have a PM kind sir :teeth:
Sent you PM.
If anyone else wants this proocedure, please PM with e-mail addy. It's too long for one PM, had to send it in 3-4 parts.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is pic of tuner on BCM brackets (you can barely see the bottom edge of tuner behind BCM)
BCM.JPG

Here is SIGMA mounted.
SIGMA.JPG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey mjw,

If I buy the Sirius factory unit online, will bestbuy or circuit city install this for me? Do you know how much I should expect to pay?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TITANSTEELER said:
Hey mjw,

If I buy the Sirius factory unit online, will bestbuy or circuit city install this for me? Do you know how much I should expect to pay?

Thanks
I would think any reputable car audio/accessory shop could handle the install. What they will charge will vary, some places charge a premium when they are installing items not purchased at their shop.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RedRaider97 said:
So is the entire antenna is on the inside with no outside portion?
That is correct, earthling.

RedRaider97 said:
I ordered the Sirius as a factory option & it should be delivered in 2 weeks.
I don't know what antenna they install at the factory. It may be a roof mount, maybe someone out there can answer that?

·
Registered
50 Posts
my dealer installed my oem sirius and they used the sigma antenna and it was mounted in the front winshield just like the photo above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am ready to install my sigma antenna for my factory sirius radio and the directions say to mount it off to the side of the mirror if you have a "electrochromatic mirror" which I believe I do. I looked at your picture and saw you mounted it centered. Is your mirror a electrochromatic? I thought that was almost standard. If so have you had any ill effects? I would rather have it centered also.

I am glad I went with the factory receiver, shopped around different Nissan dealers and found a wide range of prices. The lowest was $200 for unit and $60 for antenna.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wahoo821 said:
Is your mirror a electrochromatic? I thought that was almost standard.
Not sure what 'electrochromatic' means, mine has the thermometer and compass. Maybe what you are talking about is the one that 'dims', do you have an LE? Anybody know more about this mirror he's talking about?

Yes, the sigma antenna is HUGE, it's twice the size I thought it would be. I couldn't believe it when I pulled it out of the box. So, I had to mount it centered or it would have looked just stupid. The only thing I had to deal with were the wires to the mirror.
wahoo821 said:
I am glad I went with the factory receiver, shopped around different Nissan dealers and found a wide range of prices. The lowest was $200 for unit and $60 for antenna.
Yeah, that's a real good price if you can pick it up local.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I figured out that it is any mirror that has the electric wires, for the most part. I figured out what that wire cover was in your picture after the fact. Nice idea. I mounted it just to the side and do not even notice it is there. Mixes in with the window tint and blocked by the mirror. So glad I did factory radio. Can't believe Nissan wanted a few hundred dollars to install. It took me about two hours and I took my time not wanting to mess up, and have to go back to Nissan with crow in my mouth.

I am all hooked up and can not believe the clarity and sound, I just changed all my presets to satellite. Can't think of a reason to go back to radio.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wahoo821 said:
I mounted it just to the side and do not even notice it is there. Mixes in with the window tint and blocked by the mirror.
Yup, I almost forget it's there.

wahoo821 said:
I am all hooked up and can not believe the clarity and sound, I just changed all my presets to satellite. Can't think of a reason to go back to radio.
95% of the time I am on satellite. Some FM for local stuff. I think I have played the CD once since the install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an '04 Titan currently using Sirius through a windshield mounted Sportster receiver. I'm looking into doing what you did. I wanted to know if your truck is an '04. When I look online for Sirius kits, some folks say theirs fit 04-07 other say 04-05 are different than 06-07. I have the Rockford/Fosberg 6 CD changer. There's not that big a difference in price, I just don't want to get something I've got to return. Some folks are nasty when it comes to returning electronic equipment. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Refer to my first post for the parts I bought. There are 2 or 3 different models of Sirius tuners that will work with the radio. One difference is that some of the older tuners require a splitter, they have two antenna jacks. I repaired 2-way radios for 2 years and worked in commercial satellite TV for 3 years, and I don't understand what the he!! that's all about. Anyway, yes my truck is an '04.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts