Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally got a chance to install my radflo 2.0's. The install went better than expected the hardest part was getting the old shocks out. The radflo's went in fine. All in all the install took about 2 hours and 1 beer break. I took them for a test ride on an old brick hill that is very bumpy and i have to say that i was shocked how well they soaked up those bumps. I have to say that is a great mod that i am glad i did. Thanks to Greg @ PRG! I can't wait to really get going and hit some bumps. My only question to those with these shocks is what is your measurement from fender to ground? I got 38.5 inches. Does that sound like 2" of lift i forgot to measure the stock height.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
How has cornering been with the new RadFlows?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i really haven't had that opportunity to see that yet. But what is the concern with cornering with the radflo's? Thanks Musky. Do you have the radflo's?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
No concerns, just trying to get a sense on how they feel. I too am still pondering what to install up front. I was just trying to get a feel how compliant the Radflo's were, if they were better suited for trail than street driving. I am looking for something that would perform well on the street, including keeping the front end more flat when cornering.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Radflo shocks are designed to give you improved on road handling as well as excellent offroad performance. We have spent a lot of time getting the valving right for these short stroke suspensions.

Glenn

·
Registered
554 Posts
Did you have to put on new UCAs along with the Radflo's? If not, is there any contact with the coil bucket?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
dank78 said:
Did you have to put on new UCAs along with the Radflo's? If not, is there any contact with the coil bucket?
You will have bucket contact with the stock arms...

I have the SAW's and on road handling is SO much better, I'm sure the Radflos are good as well..

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
BIGDADDY"S-07-CREW said:
Fron what I was told the 2.0 use the stock UCA and work fine. The 2.5's need the new UCA's.
That is correct, but the extra travel and lack of contact with the bucket, make the UCA's worth it..

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Onebadasstitan said:
i really haven't had that opportunity to see that yet. But what is the concern with cornering with the radflo's? Thanks Musky. Do you have the radflo's?
Cornering is great with the Radflo's. I've got the 2.0's on my truck, and I have the sway bar disconnected, and the Radflo springs do an excellent job of controlling body roll with the sway bar disconnected.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
i've had the radflos on for a couple thousand miles so far, and love them...

cornering is MUCH better than stock, no real body roll at all...

you DON'T NEED new uca's with them, atleast with the 2.0's, which is what i got, and so far, i haven't had any coil bucket contact, and i've had them on some pretty rough offroad patches, they've taken some pretty hard hits and i haven't had any contact with the buckets...

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
06_SMOKE_SE_CC said:
i've had the radflos on for a couple thousand miles so far, and love them...

cornering is MUCH better than stock, no real body roll at all...

you DON'T NEED new uca's with them, atleast with the 2.0's, which is what i got, and so far, i haven't had any coil bucket contact, and i've had them on some pretty rough offroad patches, they've taken some pretty hard hits and i haven't had any contact with the buckets...
Yes, you are right, you do not need the UCA's to install the Radflo 2.0's and that makes them a GREAT upgrade.

I do find it hard to believe that you are not hitting the coil buckets with as you state 3.5 inches of lift from your radflos.. I had a leveling kit on my 05 and they would hit anytime I had full droop..

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Derwud said:
Yes, you are right, you do not need the UCA's to install the Radflo 2.0's and that makes them a GREAT upgrade.

I do find it hard to believe that you are not hitting the coil buckets with as you state 3.5 inches of lift from your radflos.. I had a leveling kit on my 05 and they would hit anytime I had full droop..

hey, just went out and measured today, and i think it's actually close to about 2.5" of lift...

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
So am I understanding this right, that if I were to choose the 2.0 Radflo's and adjust them from stock ride height up to lets say 1.5 inches, it would be unlikely that I would run into coil bucket contact? Is there a Radflo complement for the rear, or would I have to go with a different brand?

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
MuskyHunter said:
So am I understanding this right, that if I were to choose the 2.0 Radflo's and adjust them from stock ride height up to lets say 1.5 inches, it would be unlikely that I would run into coil bucket contact? Is there a Radflo complement for the rear, or would I have to go with a different brand?
I have mine cranked 2.5-3" with no problems.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Yes you could do Raflos on all four corners.. The rears are a little more costly than the DR's or Bilsteins.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts