used 13mm small and long socket wrenched
also used 3/8 socket drive
3/4 pvc pipe (35" length) duct taped it to 3/8 drive
used oem bolts
bought nuts for oem bolts from hardware store
spacers
duct tape
drill
the track thats closest to the cab has all the oem rivnuts in place(just drill holes and use the screws)
****do not drill all the way through the sheetmetal (only enough to go through the 1st layer) or else u will ruin the oem rivnuts****
see pics
ill write up a step by step when i get the chance.....

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looks great! As does the new cover.

-Ken

·
Registered
359 Posts
mytitan said:
took about 1.5 hrs w/ a buddy
used 13mm small and long socket wrenched
also used 3/8 socket drive
3/4 pvc pipe (35" length) duct taped it to 3/8 drive
used oem bolts
bought nuts for oem bolts from hardware store
spacers
duct tape
drill
the track thats closest to the cab has all the oem rivnuts in place(just drill holes and use the screws)
****do not drill all the way through the sheetmetal (only enough to go through the 1st layer) or else u will ruin the oem rivnuts****
see pics
ill write up a step by step when i get the chance.....
Awesome...I'll be looking for the writeup. I've been wanting to add U_Track to my truck. The dealer said it was not possible.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Very cool, and speaking as a U-track user, you are going to love that.

I went to a nice car show (San Diego County) last May, and I saw U-track installed on a red 63 Datsun truck. Very trick on a nicely restored truck. He also shrunk down the bed extender and installed that. Obviously, the truck owner was a Nissan fan. Never got to talk to him.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Can't wait for the write-up and great job! Does it feel sturdy and secure? Reason I ask is because some have said it can't be added afterwards since there is reinforcement in the bed to support the utilitrac system.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Did you do this before or after you got the bedliner sprayed?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Nice job on the track system. Did you put the two tracks on the floor of the bed too?
Just called the parts department at Brown & Brown nissan in Mesa, Arizona, and spoke with "Jerry." :gossip: Asked him about buying the track rails for the titan. He told me that if it didn't come with it, it wouldn't fit(with a sarcastic attitude). So i told him that I still want to install it. So he said the parts can be purchased seperately but would cost over a thousand dollars! Didn't even look anything up any prices on the rails just blurted out the cost!! Know thats a STEALERSHIP!!!!! What do you guys think of that??????

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
For over a grand I would just try and find a complete bed with the utilitrac system and locking side compartment. I think I saw that the tracks are about $40 a piece.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Silverbeast- I called 3 delerships within 70 miles and they all had the same price. It was just over a grand. I bought a set from a buddy that has an aluminum rack, over his whole titan, for screens and such. I offered him 50 bucks and he shot back and said 100 I went home and got the tools and to the bank for cash immediatly. They were a serious MOFO to remove. The only thing that kept me going was the price. They are not installed as of yet but I am still working on a plan.

So any write ups would be helpful in my planning stages here.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
I only paid about 35-40 per bottom track. That 1000 is just way off base.

Did you say the front unit has weld nuts in place? Can you see where to drill easily, I never noticed it. would like to add the front in addition to the bottom ones I'm doing already. I may add side units as I'm getting a UT Bedextender from somebody.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i added all sides, including front ones (behind the rear window) look in between the bed itself and the cab, u will see square nuts that are welded on.theres about 5 of them along a row.th eonly ones i have not added are the bottom ones that lay flat on the bed.

if anyone is interested, i have an extra rear track(the one that goes behind the rear cab,includes the bolts.$40 shipped

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
mytitan said:
i added all sides, including front ones (behind the rear window) look in between the bed itself and the cab, u will see square nuts that are welded on.theres about 5 of them along a row.th eonly ones i have not added are the bottom ones that lay flat on the bed.

if anyone is interested, i have an extra rear track(the one that goes behind the rear cab,includes the bolts.$40 shipped
We need you MyTitan,

Did the side units have weld nuts in place or did you have to use nuts, and how??? I just ordered the rest of the system, so Ill eventually have a complete UT System, Sliding Lower Tray and Bed Extender! I'm Hyped on this. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.