Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after researching & listening to a friend I decided on the Volant CAI for my Titan. Actually I had never heard of Volant 'till I read about them on the forum but nevertheless here's my review:

Pros: I love the sound - reminds me of a carbed 350 and it's only loud when you get on it, Quality of product is great, Gen III version has better looking lid.

Cons: No instructions included, only a diagram/schematic, had to use smaller washers, PITA getting the air filter clamp on, tight fit, had to Dremel the lower air box hole so the bolt would line up.

Overall I'm pleased with this intake so far. I can't say I noticed anything other than sound but we'll see once the ECU learns the new mapping.

Update: After driving a few miles I checked to make sure everything was tight & behold the friggin filter clamp popped off; thought this might be a problem due to the tight fit. May have just been the oil residue on the rubber so I cleaned it with a degreaser and clamped it down again. I drove about 5 miles and it's still on so we'll see how it holds up.

·
Registered
257 Posts
time for me to get a volant now, i still have the stock intake but i do want to upgrade and now its volant 100%. just gotta save up some cash for it. thanks for the review.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TITAN DOHC V8 said:
time for me to get a volant now, i still have the stock intake but i do want to upgrade and now its volant 100%. just gotta save up some cash for it. thanks for the review.
No problem man. Purchased off eBay from http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/socalmotorsports/ Offered $280 and they accepted, free shipping too. Took abt 2 weeks to get it though so plan ahead.

·
Registered
257 Posts
sweet thanks

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
how many diff generations do they have out of the volant CAI. Also, what are the changes made and why between them?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
35,724 Posts
sumair said:
how many diff generations do they have out of the volant CAI. Also, what are the changes made and why between them?
Thanks
3 generations all involving fitment and lids.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The third generation Volant is great, especially when installed by a real pro. I'm not sure if I gained any performance by having the Volant installed, but when I stomp on the gas it makes a wonderful noise.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
skromfols said:
The third generation Volant is great, especially when installed by a real pro. I'm not sure if I gained any performance by having the Volant installed, but when I stomp on the gas it makes a wonderful noise.
Installed by a pro??? It's a tad more involved than changing your oil. Learn to do some of your own mods and save the extra money for more mods. Nobody is going to treat your vehicle like you would and you probably would have done a better job. I'm no fan of having other people work on my vehicles; I do everything I can by myself unless it's something I can't.

I love the sound myself and no I can't feel any seat of the pants gains but I assure you its breathing better and will be more beneficial with additional mods.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nytitan1 said:
the filter coming off was my biggest complaint with the volant.
Question?

Did your filter stick out just a little from the air box? Mine does but I've noticed in pics of other Titans with the same intake the filter extended a lot further than mine. So far it's only popped off once and I'm thinking it was because of the oil residue when it was shipped. Since I've cleaned it and reinstalled it's been fine though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts