Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For offroading I would like to be able to disable the antilock brake system with a switch. Anybody done this? Where would be the best place to tap into the system and install the switch.

·
Registered
499 Posts
It would be a little more complicated than to just "tap into the system and install a switch". You run a real risk of messing up the whole system.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I found the answer. I unplugged the ABS Solenoid fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. It disables the ABS and VDC systems. Drove around and locked up the brakes a few times at 40mph. So now I'll work on wiring in an on/off switch at that location.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I've read about several people replacing the ABS fuse with a switch and of course another fuse.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
9-d-9 said:
Well I found the answer. I unplugged the ABS Solenoid fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. It disables the ABS and VDC systems. Drove around and locked up the brakes a few times at 40mph. So now I'll work on wiring in an on/off switch at that location.
Your odometer also stops working when you pull that fuse. Might want to be careful if your still under warranty.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Since ABS is disabled in 4WDLow, perhaps there is a way to tap into that switch so that it also works in 4WDHi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts