Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled out my old radio and attached the stock brackets to the side of the new pioneer in the near exact location (using 3 of the 4 bolt holes that line up perfectly). Before I connected anything, i wanted to check fitment.

the unit seems to have clearance (without the wires anyway)on the back, but when I put on the dash piece, the unit has a gap on the bottom, is really tight on the top (but clears OK) and has smaller gaps on the left and right.

truck is an 06 XE with the stock double din stereo. I assumed that 2din = 2din and I wouldn't need new brackets or a dash kit, but am i wrong?

anyone else have this issue? I am heading to best buy to grab a wire harness now, but I dont listen to anything they have to say.

Maybe part of the dash kit includes new brackets that move the stereo a few mm down to the right location?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Try using the other Pioneer screws and see if you can adjust the side brackets slightly to get the nose to drop down. A mm at the screw hole will equal a lot more at the face of the deck if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was figuring I may have to get creative with it, but I figured id ask in case someone had the same problem and had a proper fix for it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fun side note.... best buy as well as 3 car audio shops do not stock the Nissan titan harness. Awesome.

·
Registered
869 Posts
fun side note.... best buy as well as 3 car audio shops do not stock the Nissan titan harness. Awesome.
It's a standard Nissan harness that isn't vehicle specific, so ask if they have for Altima, Maxima, Pathfinder, Xterra, Armada, etc..

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a standard Nissan harness that isn't vehicle specific, so ask if they have for Altima, Maxima, Pathfinder, Xterra, Armada, etc..
That's what I told them. They seemed confused. I own a mobile oil change business and I work on litereally 2-3 nissan's a day. Somehow no one does any car audio with their nissan at any of these places? I doubt it, bunch of idiots.

I did find one, and I wired most of it up today. now I just need to connect the non-essentials (mic, gps sensor, etc)

MOUNTING UPDATE - Turned out to be pretty simple. I tossed in a few washers th where the brackets meet the vehicle on the top, and it tilts the unit down a bit. Im going to add one more tomorrow and I think it will be perfect!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts