Nissan Titan Forum banner

Installing E-brake

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Carbeaux 
#1 ·
Ok so help me out here guys. I have an 07 SE that came with tow package. I crawled under the dash to plug the harness Nissan gave me in and can't seem to find where it goes. Anybody have pics of where it is? The only thing under there that is empty is not a match.

#3 ·
Just went through this myself. I raised hell with the dealership because the picture in the owner's manual is horrible. The service manager finally hepled me, ....well sorta. He told me to remove the kick panel right in front of the driver's door and I'd find it. WRONG!!!! I removed the panel, and there was nowhere to plug in the OEM harness. Then I got lucky, I saw a speck of white way up in there. I put my hand up there and pulled out the very plug I'd hunted for, for a week. (same truck, 2007 SE). Here's the best description I can give you. See the kick panel? The one that ties into the floor panel (about 3 inches wide x 2 feet long that covers the carpet edge) in the door opening? Find the wire harness that comes out from behind it and runs up behind the dash. Put your hand on it and follow it up. It AIN"T easy, so suck it up. Oh yeah, set the parking brake and move the seat all the way back. It'll help give you more room. Feel the square connecter? Pull it to a little more accessible location and plug it in. If you want to cut the tape and fish it out, go ahead. But, I didn't see the need. There ain't much room to be digging around some wire harnesses with a sharp object.

#5 ·
Well I just got back from picking this up today...Hauled fine, empty 24' still 3200lbs. Will be hauling nissan hardbody soon it along with some gear...I don't think it will have any problems.

:huh: yeah I have the tow package minus the expansion mirrors....so I had to get the clip ons:hat: ...it's cool though the truck looks sporter when it's not towing.

#6 ·
HybridImages said:
Well I just got back from picking this up today...Hauled fine, empty 24' still 3200lbs. Will be hauling nissan hardbody soon it along with some gear...I don't think it will have any problems.

:huh: yeah I have the tow package minus the expansion mirrors....so I had to get the clip ons:hat: ...it's cool though the truck looks sporter when it's not towing.
Did you personally swap the mirrors? Cuz if you didn't, you don't have the tow package. The big mirrors are part of the tow package on all but the newer XE models and you've got an SE. Just because it has a hitch doesn't mean it has the tow package. If you don't have the lower gears and the tranny temp gauge be cautious. That's my only regret is not getting the tow package. :(

#7 ·
Nice rig there! :) It is rather umorous that the pics you took are at a gas station.. Given how much time we spend there when towing. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.