Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the front and rear seats of a LE leather Titan to put into my 09 SE Titan. I have the back seat in and figured out the power and ground on the passenger seat and that is all hooked up. I'm stumped with the drivers seats though since there are so many more wires. Any idea which wires need to be hooked up to get the power seats to work? I'm not going to bother with the memory feature or heat at this point I just want power.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I have an SE with power front driver's seat (no heat or memory though).

Where did you snag these seats? Mine are cloth and i really want all four leather seats. What you pay for them?

Sorry I can't be of more help but I definitely want to do this mod.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got them off of eBay, was a little over $800 all in with the shipping. Shipping can get pricey so make sure you get that worked out prior to bidding. It works out nice because it is easy to spend a grand plus on after market leather and I still would not have had power seats or heat. I will say the LE seats are more comfortable with more padding it seems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm making some progress it seems. There are 5 wires coming of each motor, if you hit the red wire and blue wire with 12v it will move one way and then the other way. The problem is that it operates on its own without the switch. The other 3 wires are not as heavy a gauge and they must have to do with the switches as well as wiring the motors together.

The one thing that is bugging me is that I can get each of the 3 motors I can see to work, one moves the seat forward and back, another raises and lowers the front of the seat, the last one lowers and raises the back bottom of the seat. Problem is I can't get any adjustment on the seat back?! Is there are fourth motor?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thats really weird, can you snap a pic of the bottom of the seat for us? You should be able to just supply a power and a ground to the seat switches and then it should all work from there. Does the drivers seat have a white box bolted to the bottom of it? If so then its got memory seats and can be a big pain to wire up.

·
Registered
563 Posts
The wiring diagram on the FSM shows that 1 power and 1 ground wire feeding the switches which will operate all the motors. Snap a pic of what youve done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have just been testing so far, nothing is hooked up. The seats had the harness cut out of the donor Titan so I have the wires attached to the seat and the cut away harness. I have been testing leads off the motors to try to figure it out.

·
Registered
563 Posts
They cut them before the connector so you dont have the connector like a normal titan would or did they cut it beyond the connector so you have part of the body harness now?

After looking at the FSM I say just put everything back the way it came and you need to wire your power into the automatic drive positioner unit which is that white box bolted to the bottom of the seat.

Provide fused power to terminals 34 and 39 and ground the wires coming out of terminals 40/48. That should power the automatic driver positioner unit and it should give you power to operate at least the power seat.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Actually ignore all of the above, the Automatic drive positioner is located under the dash above the pedals somewhere so you don't need to worry about that. The white box under the seat is the driver seat control unit and you need to provide power to terminal #21 wire code L/R (whatever color that is) and it looks like it grounds out by the switch. So try that first. the only problem I forsee is that it might not work because it a CAN computer as well so without access to the CAN it might not work. Pics help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, in the short term just hot wiring the motors to recline the seat back a little more would be fine. I don't need to have all the features right now since I'm the only driver but it needs to be reclined a little bit more.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I would hook up the white box, then that big fat white/blue wire to B+ and then ground to the seat frame and see what that does. This is just a hunch.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Okay after doing more research this is what i've found out. I'm assuming theres only one connector for the white box? Well the connector that plugs into the white box you need to trace down an orange wire, that is your power wire. Needs batt voltage. There is also a blue wire with a red stripe (assuming the FSM is correct on the wire color) that also needs battery voltage I think. This is the wire that tells the drivers seat control unit that the transmission is in park. But it either needs or doesnt need battery voltage. Then there is a plain black wire and a black wire with a white stripe and those are the grounds for the white box, then you'll still need to ground the seat frame because im sure the - leads to the motors just grounds out onto the seat frame.

For more info go here.... http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/titan/2006_Titan/se.pdf starting at page 20- Wiring diagrams followed by terminal reference values. There might be the overall possibility that drivers seat control unit wont work unless its hooked up to the can line which is what that white/red twisted pair wire is.

My truck is an LE with every option and NAV and I was messing around with my under seat subwoofer one day and nicked one of those twisted pair wire and my truck wouldnt even start. So they're really touchy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay after doing more research this is what i've found out. I'm assuming theres only one connector for the white box? Well the connector that plugs into the white box you need to trace down an orange wire, that is your power wire. Needs batt voltage. There is also a blue wire with a red stripe (assuming the FSM is correct on the wire color) that also needs battery voltage I think. This is the wire that tells the drivers seat control unit that the transmission is in park. But it either needs or doesnt need battery voltage. Then there is a plain black wire and a black wire with a white stripe and those are the grounds for the white box, then you'll still need to ground the seat frame because im sure the - leads to the motors just grounds out onto the seat frame.

For more info go here.... http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/titan/2006_Titan/se.pdf starting at page 20- Wiring diagrams followed by terminal reference values. There might be the overall possibility that drivers seat control unit wont work unless its hooked up to the can line which is what that white/red twisted pair wire is.

My truck is an LE with every option and NAV and I was messing around with my under seat subwoofer one day and nicked one of those twisted pair wire and my truck wouldnt even start. So they're really touchy.
Thank you very much for the link and I tried this tonight but I couldn't get it to go. I did find the fourth motor that controls the recline feature and hit it with 12v to adjust it back. Right now it is in a good position but it would be great to get this thing wired so the switches work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My question is, would you be able to install power seats in an XE? :teethmast
My SE had no power functions for seats at all so you would have the same install as me. The passenger seat was cake all you need is a power wire and a ground. This drives seats is driving me nuts though, it would be a lot easier if it didn't have the memory and heater functions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys the answer is yes! I have an XE

I also recently bought front and rear leather seats off E-Bay from a 06 Titan LE with the heated seats option. I got such a good deal and was actually surprised that the auction included free freight shipping to my door. I have the repair manual so it was easy for me to look up the wiring for the power seats, it's not easy reading a schematic if you never had a class in electronics. All the motors are controlled by the driver seat control unit which is the white box underneath the seat. All the four motors have two 12 guage wires each and 2 or three other signal wires that all motors share in common. The connector itself that connects to the body harness that our trucks are missing but the LE'S have does not even show on the schematics and it can be confusing when you look at the schematics because they are referring to the two connectors that are plugged into the driver seat control unit. These two connectors are referred to as P2 and P3, P2 has all the smaller wires and numbered from 1 to 32 and P3 has the thicker guage wires and a couple of smaller wires and numbered from 33 to 48. It refers to the connectors when you are looking at them from behind where the wire enters the square opening not from the front where it slides into the female connector. So for it to be easier take the plug that plugs into the body harness we are missing and apply 12 volt battery direct power to the thick wire white/orange strip and also to the solid green wire, I combined them and soldered them together and ran a 30amp fused wire from the battery. You now need to apply switched 12 volt power with a 20amp fuse to the solid brown wire and the blue with white stripe wire, again I combined them together soldered them and connected the other end to my ignition switch. You now need to take the thick black with white stripe ground wire and combine it with the pink with black strip wire and run to a good body ground source. The blue with brown stripe and the green with white stripe is for the seat heater, I am in the process of ordering the heater switches from Nissan and will add them in a couple of weeks and I will post a thread on how to. The other wires are for the seat memory switch and the adjusting pedal and two wires that go to the automatic drive positioner control unit. I am not interested in hooking up memory, I just want electric heated seats. I hope this helps you and I took a couple of pictures of how I wired mine where it shows the plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you very very much! I followed your instructions and hooked up the seats in a minute! Please keep us updated on the heated seats part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm glad I could be of help to you and hopefully others, that's why I like these forums because it allows you to get connected with others who have the same passion as us.

Thanks, Beto01

1 - 20 of 31 Posts