Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I think I'm ready to finally install some of the mods that have been building up in my garage. I plan on installing the leveling kit as well as replacing the shocks. I have to work on Sat. so I will remove the struts fri. night take them to work on Sat, and having a buddy of mine change the springs over to the new bilsteins, come home and install the leveling kit myself and slap them puppys back on. Now my question is, am I gonna have problems since I will be removing both assemblies at the same time?

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Only if the jack stands collapse or tip over!!!!

Just disconnect the swaybar before hand and it will go much easier/simpler. Not a problem at all with having both sides apart at once. It sounds like you have pretty decent knowledge/confidence about what you're doing so I'll just stop there. For anyone with a bit of experience its really a simple mod.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
54warrior said:
Only if the jack stands collapse or tip over!!!!
Man that would ruin my day really quick!!

So disconnect they sway bars first huh. cool. It just seemed that everyone wants you to do only one side at a time. That can be a real pain if youre swapping struts:lol:

·
Registered
197 Posts
When I did my PC 6 inch lift I used a good set of jack stands on the frame below the doors.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
BigJ said:
When I did my PC 6 inch lift I used a good set of jack stands on the frame below the doors.

Me TOO!!! Sucks not having a lift don't it?

Anyway, there's no reason why you can't do both sides at once.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Whew!!! those spindles did not want come off! Just used a bigger hammer :rockon
One side note though, for those of you about to do the same do yur self a favor and get a wire hanger and tie the top of the spindle to the upper control arm( just give a bit of slack so the strut can slip out). When that spindle came loose the whole thing fell forward and nearly took out my front teeth!! and put alot of stress on our cheap rubber brake hoses and abs cables, big nono_Other than that everything came apart pretty easy.:pieceandl

·
Registered
691 Posts
i used a lift at my brother work

we did both sides at the same time

thank you...lol

i was gonna jack it up 1 side at a time, but he said he would help so i wated a few more days

1 - 7 of 7 Posts