Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got the MB Quart RCE 269 component set.. Quick question: Does the wire from the factory tweeter go strait to the radio or does it connect to the door speaker?

The reason i'm asking is because i'm wiring in my crossover and i wanted to avoid running a wire from the crossover up to the tweeter if there is already one that goes from the door speaker to the tweeter because I want to mount the crossover in the door next to the door speaker. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
I am not 100% sure if it goes back or is tied together somewhere. One thing you could do to figure it out, is to use a AA battery, hold a wire lead on each end of it and the other end of the wires to where the factory wiring comes into the radio plug.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i could just use a tone generator if i was going to take the radio out but i don't know i'll have to do anything behind the radio during the install.. Good idea though.. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mr Bojangles said:
Just got the MB Quart RCE 269 component set.. Quick question: Does the wire from the factory tweeter go strait to the radio or does it connect to the door speaker?

The reason i'm asking is because i'm wiring in my crossover and i wanted to avoid running a wire from the crossover up to the tweeter if there is already one that goes from the door speaker to the tweeter because I want to mount the crossover in the door next to the door speaker. Thanks for any help!
PM Tech or Pdizzle they can answer any audio ? you throw at them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.