Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered shocks all the way around and have decided to atleast do the rear myself and depending how that goes I might dive into the front. Any suggestions, tips, opinions greatly appreciated. Maybe someone has done this and has some pics and directions? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
What struts/shocks did you upgrade to?

The rear shocks are simple; two bolts and they slide right out, don't even have to jack the truck up.
The front can be more complicated, depending on what you purchased.

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
I ordered shocks all the way around and have decided to atleast do the rear myself and depending how that goes I might dive into the front. Any suggestions, tips, opinions greatly appreciated. Maybe someone has done this and has some pics and directions? Thanks guys.
what did you order, and what setup do you have on your truck? i am interested in replacing mine as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 6" fabtech lift. I couldn't find a full set the same brand unless I wanted to shell out buko bucks for high end shocks from fabtech or procomp. With my lift my front shocks remained oem with the use of a spacer. So I ordered pro comp es3000 for the rear and bilstein 5100 for the front.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Bilstein makes a 5100 series shock for the 6" lift, Link, if you want to go Bilstein all the way. As I said, rears are easy. For the fronts, this is probably the best write-up and pic gallery of the 5100 install. Begin by unbolting the sway bar, then jack the truck up. This way you don't have to unbolt the UCA from the spindle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts