Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been posted/asked before (if you know the post just link it so you don't have to explain twice :)) but I want to upgrade my audio a bit with 2 subs under my back seat. I've got a Pro-4x King Cab.

First off, I'm planning on building a box and doing the install myself since I've done them before in some SUV's/cars. I figure I can make a box similar to the cargo box I have now with space for two subs and an amp in between them. Anyone have suggestions/pics for the box? Also, can I fit 12's (or bigger maybe) or do I need to go with 10's? I want to keep the current head unit (stock RF) in the truck if possible cause I like the way it all looks. Is there another hookup for subs or would I have to remove the current one for the 10 incher under my driver seat? I wouldn't really have a problem removing the hookup for the current sub and just taking that out since I'll be putting two others in.

Any help would be great!! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
501 Posts
im interested too. id like to add subs fold my back seats up alot of moving stuff. was trying to see fi i could fit 10's under the seats?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Tech12volt has lots of pics of boxes, and good deals. Just search on here. I have a tech box and 12s. If you want to keep the OEM radio you can get a line out convertor.

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
i bought a generic truck box that fits under the titan seat. you can build/buy special ones that fit better. look at some of tech12volts work for inspiration. The stock sub can be left or removed, your choice, but you will unplug it. You use the signal to the stock sub to feed the LOC (line out converter) which is then wired to the sub amp RCA jacks. If your amp has high level inputs, you do not need the LOC.

10's fit fine, 12s would be snug, and hard to get enough air space in the box, but can be done. i have down fire, ive heard upfire and forward sound better, but i like the stealth of the downfire.

you can also lift the front of the back seat a little to gain space for the sub box.

·
Registered
761 Posts
i bought a generic truck box that fits under the titan seat. you can build/buy special ones that fit better. look at some of tech12volts work for inspiration. The stock sub can be left or removed, your choice, but you will unplug it. You use the signal to the stock sub to feed the LOC (line out converter) which is then wired to the sub amp RCA jacks. If your amp has high level inputs, you do not need the LOC.

10's fit fine, 12s would be snug, and hard to get enough air space in the box, but can be done. i have down fire, ive heard upfire and forward sound better, but i like the stealth of the downfire.

you can also lift the front of the back seat a little to gain space for the sub box.

THAT is where I have my trouble. After searching the boards I have not found the best place to tie into the factory pre-outs. I need pictures people!

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
I tied mine into the plug I pulled out of the factory sub. Ran it under the mat to the back seat where the sub is. I can get a pic if needed, but its pretty simple.

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
4 t taps on the stock sub plug. 2 pairs of speaker wire ran to amp area. Tie these into 4 wires on LOC. Plug RCA into other side of LOC, run to amp.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I'm planning on two Fosgate P1S4-10's. Rockford Fosgate® - P1S4-10

I'm also planning on a 500W amp. Would a 2 channel or mono work better? (I know how to wire them for each instance) I'm also trying to stay on somewhat of a budget so suggestions on an amp that's near $100? I've used a BOSS amp before and I like their remote power controls.

I was looking for a good firing direction and came across (can't find it again) something about the XMAX of the sub if it's faced vertically. The ones mentioned have an XMAX of 7 mm so would facing them up be a good decision?

Thanks again for the input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts