Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm sure this has been answered before but I can't find it in other threads. My question is I'm about to install the tru cool oil cooler and do i fill it up with transmission fluid once i have one hose hooked up? Also will I need to add transmission fluid to the truck after install or just the cooler. Thanks in advance guys I bought it due to the recommendations on the forum.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
You should fill it after you mount it, right before you put the hoses on. Doesn't have to be entirely full, but filling it mostly full will help the system purge all the air more quickly.

And yes, you'll want to check the fluid level once you're all buttoned up (read the proper procedure in the owner's manual) and top off as needed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should fill it after you mount it, right before you put the hoses on. Doesn't have to be entirely full, but filling it mostly full will help the system purge all the air more quickly.

And yes, you'll want to check the fluid level once you're all buttoned up (read the proper procedure in the owner's manual) and top off as needed.
Ok thank you also I'm not sure about the dipstick. Does the fluid need to be at the notches or the hash marks.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
When you read the manual (to know the correct procedure to check the fluid) you'll get that info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mean my truck manual? All it says is to take it to the nearest dealership for professional service. It doesn't even show me a picture. My truck is a 2011 I know the dipsticks changed in there somewhere between 2004 and 2011 and its a little confusing for someone as inexperienced as me.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Yeah, my bad. Was thinking it was in the truck manual, but it's in the service manual. The pages and info you need is in this thread:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi sorry for the late reply but she's on there now and talk about keeping cool the transmission doesn't even reach the halfway mark now. Thank you for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts