Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. I'm getting my Christmas present early and I'm looking to install it tomorrow. My toolbox got shipped in a couple days ago and appears to have all the necessary install hardware, but no instructions of any kind. If anybody has any pics or helpful information, I'd really appreciate it.

:cheers:

·
Registered
801 Posts
well when we installed my buddies not UWS we just lined it up like he liked and then drilled the holes down through the box and side rails and then bolted it up. good chose on the tool box it the brand I will get when I get mine. they make a great product. which box did you get?

·
Registered
942 Posts
I installed mine the same way as Farley described, drilled a couple of holes and ran some bolts down and put a locking washer and nut on the bolts. I actually ran the bolts from underneath and put the nuts and locking washers on inside the tool box, it was a lot easier that way, not having to fight gravity to get the locking washer and nut on while trying to hold the bolt in place.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I guess I'm gonna have to find me a drill lol

·
Registered
801 Posts
yea putting the bolts in from the bottom seems to be the best way I agree

Reactions: Titan-ization

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well i have a full size Delta in my T and instead of using the predrilled holes in the box, i drilled a couple more about a couple of inches away ,which i lined it up with the inside edge of the bed rail. Then i bought a couple of j-bolts and nuts and used the under side of the bed rail to hold it place. Works like a charm with no other holes to worry about. I can take a pic if you want...

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I ended up taking it to my local shop and they threw it on there for me. I appreciate the help fellas.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Thanks guys. I ended up taking it to my local shop and they threw it on there for me. I appreciate the help fellas.
Well hell, that's no fun!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I always buy a couple of approximately 2 inch strips of rubber mat to got between the box and the side bed rails. The stick on stuff that comes with the box is just too light and will have the box rubbing on the bed eventually. The squeaking will drive you nuts. No squeaks with the rubber mat.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well hell, that's no fun!
I got lazy and didn't want to have to find a drill hahaha.

I always buy a couple of approximately 2 inch strips of rubber mat to got between the box and the side bed rails. The stick on stuff that comes with the box is just too light and will have the box rubbing on the bed eventually. The squeaking will drive you nuts. No squeaks with the rubber mat.
Yeah. I think that's a good idea. I'm gonna do that. The guy that installed it didn't even put the stick on stuff that came with the box and it's definitely squeaking. Thanks for the idea. I'll probably be doing that after the holidays.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts