Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Christmas, the T got a Nissan hood protector. I get it out of the box and there is a bag full of parts/hardware and a single piece of paper. The paper reads:

Customer Internet Download Instructions: Customers can obtain Installation Instructions for Nissan at Nissan Publications. From the hope page, click on "Inside Publications" and select Accessory Installations. Select your model and year, then locate the Instructions for your Accessory.

I did all of this and I do not see any Instructions for such hood protector or anything close to that. Actually not much listed other than IPOD and Satellite radio installation.

So am I doing something wrong or is Nissan putting the screws to me? Could someone help me out? Do I need to register with the site---I thought that was for dealers????

dave

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
For Christmas, the T got a Nissan hood protector. I get it out of the box and there is a bag full of parts/hardware and a single piece of paper. The paper reads:

Customer Internet Download Instructions: Customers can obtain Installation Instructions for Nissan at Nissan Publications. From the hope page, click on "Inside Publications" and select Accessory Installations. Select your model and year, then locate the Instructions for your Accessory.

I did all of this and I do not see any Instructions for such hood protector or anything close to that. Actually not much listed other than IPOD and Satellite radio installation.

So am I doing something wrong or is Nissan putting the screws to me? Could someone help me out? Do I need to register with the site---I thought that was for dealers????

dave

Below is the link to download the bug guard installation guide. You must have Acrobat reader to open and view this file. Hope this helps.

Once you are in there click on the download accessory installations.

BTW... you will see 3 metal clips that look the same. ONE of them is stamped with a C. Make sure you separate that one and use it for the center bracket. I did not realize that when I did mine and had to take off the clips and reinstall them properly. Other than that it is not too bad, 30 - 45 minute install. And then 2-3 hours admiring the truck. hehehe...

Nissan Publications

Reactions: jetchaser

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome!

Is this information anyone can get or do you need some special access? I tried to find it on the site but didn't see anything. I hate it when such simple things cause headaches.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
awesome!

Is this information anyone can get or do you need some special access? I tried to find it on the site but didn't see anything. I hate it when such simple things cause headaches.
These instructions are available to anyone. You don't have to register or anything like that. Unfortunately navigating that site is a pain in the *ss... It took me 3 or 4 times when I got mine to get to where I needed. But if you have to look something up in there, from the home page enter your Model and Year info, then there is a drop down menu box you can scroll down to accessories then scroll through the accessories until you find the one you are looking for and then finally you can click to download it. They definitely did not make it user friendly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts