Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2008 titan se 4x4. the last month is getting very expesive first the front axle needed to be replaced, then when i picked it up i had no instrument lights, the tach, the spedameter, the signal lights work but they dont show up on the instrument cluster. i took it back to the dealer and they checked all the fuses and they were all good. im thinking that it is a relay but i dont know were to start.
on top of all this the rear diff was making noise and it needs to be replaced, ofcouse i cant just fix it i have to replace the entire rear diff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i took the back plate off the rear diff and the cotter pin fell out for the main pin holding the gears, should be an easy fix, i hope.

still cant find out why the dash lights will not work. dont think im the only one to have this probem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just cant beleive nobody had even an idea about this, granted it was a little differant but i took it to the dealership and two days later, first they tried another dash out of another truck and it worked so i had them look for a used one didnt feel like paying $700 for a new one, then i phoned them back later today and they said they changed the mefuel sensor that was recalled and plugged the old dash back in and it worked, dont know why. the next problem is the radio just quick working also and they couldnt figure that one out today. maybe i can get a new nav system out of this, but i dont think the wife will go for that.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Don't feed the trolls!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
picked it up this evening and i had no low beam and still no radio from what i have been reading I'm wondering if i need to change my ipdm, i checked the fuses, i swapped the relay with the fog light relay, i even tried a new bulb on one side, high beam works. i just don't understand why all of this is going wrong it has to be a fuse panel or computer problem, every time i get it back from a mechanic something else has gone wrong with it I'm sure it is just coincidence.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i was driving this morning with my high beams on and i thought i would reset the radio time, the radio still didnt work, drove for another ten minutes and for some reason decided to try my radio once again and it worked and has been working fine all day. i wish someone could help me i have an 8 hr drive next week and i will be chapping alot of people and my eyes will be really soar from being high beamed all the way there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i went to my dealership and his words were maybe its time to get rid of the truck, he didnt know what was wrong and didnt sound like he wanted to find out. i searched and searched and couldnt find any help, the closest thing i could find was the IPDM, i looked on line and found one for $103 but they wouldnt ship it to Canada, so i went to the dealer, they had one in stock and it was $225. it took me all of 10 minutes to change, conected my battery and everything seems to be working the way its suposed to. it made me so happy that i just had to tell someone.:redblob"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts