Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A while back my truck was side-swiped and the insurance company is finally getting around to paying out the claim. The damage goes from the passenger door down the right side of the truck. The initial quote amount I received from my insurance adjuster seems incredibly low considering the damage. Below are the photos of my truck before and after. The photos do not show it very well but my step rails are bent in roughly 2" and fender flare is jacked now. I am mainly concerned about the bed area, in the paperwork it only outlines bodywork and not replacement/cost of the bed panel.

Does anyone know ballpark how much this claim should be and parts replaced?

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Hood Light

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
5,895 Posts
you need to call your insurance and tell them the repair place didn't fix it right

·
Premium Member
2021 Titan SL
935 Posts
My original quote was $9k. The end cost was $26k. That was replacing door, column, panel, both rear springs, rear axle, and driveshaft. That was the major stuff, and what I can remember.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
751 Posts
Those initial quotes don’t count for sh*t. More for documentation purposes than anything. I’ve never seen an initial quote that was even close to 50% of the actual cost.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Insurance companies always do this. They will give you an extremely lowball estimate then send you a check asap, hoping you just keep the money and decide to not have them fix it knowing it will cost them much more if you did. Also, make sure you have them provide a rental while it's being repaired. They are obligated to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts