Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are you new TITAN owners paying more or less than you thought for insurance on your new TITAN's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
TITAN21 said:
are you new TITAN owners paying more or less than you thought for insurance on your new TITAN's?
Funny this thread should come up. With my Titan due at my dealer on Feb. 10, I called to set up my insurance today. I have State Farm and my Titan is a 2WD King Cab SE and they said my payment was going to be $110/mo. I have$250 deductible comp/collision with limts of 25,000/50,000/25,000. This is the same coverage I had on my '94 Isuzu Trooper 4WD and was paying $97/mo.

Come to think of it though, I am wondering if I am going to have to raise the coverages due to the higher value of my vehicle. I may do this anyway because even though it sucks to pay for, you can never have too much insurance.

I guess the answer to this question is I am paying about what I expected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
My yearly rate went down $37/year from my Pathfinder. Not a lot, but to go from a V6 to V8 and have the insurance drop is fine with me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
pistonpete said:
Funny this thread should come up. With my Titan due at my dealer on Feb. 10, I called to set up my insurance today. I have State Farm and my Titan is a 2WD King Cab SE and they said my payment was going to be $110/mo. I have$250 deductible comp/collision with limts of 25,000/50,000/25,000. This is the same coverage I had on my '94 Isuzu Trooper 4WD and was paying $97/mo.

Come to think of it though, I am wondering if I am going to have to raise the coverages due to the higher value of my vehicle. I may do this anyway because even though it sucks to pay for, you can never have too much insurance.

I guess the answer to this question is I am paying about what I expected.
PistonPete
You may want to consider raising your liability limits. With the 25/50/25 limits, if you're in an accident, and it's your fault, your insurance would pay up to $25,000 per person for the injuries you cause to the people in the vehicle you hit. It would pay a maximum of $50,000 per accident for injuries to all the other people. And it would pay up to $25,000 for property damage (read:the vehicle you hit). There are tons of vehicles on the road that cost more than $25K!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
gtshouse said:
PistonPete
You may want to consider raising your liability limits. With the 25/50/25 limits, if you're in an accident, and it's your fault, your insurance would pay up to $25,000 per person for the injuries you cause to the people in the vehicle you hit. It would pay a maximum of $50,000 per accident for injuries to all the other people. And it would pay up to $25,000 for property damage (read:the vehicle you hit). There are tons of vehicles on the road that cost more than $25K!
Thanks gts. I think I am going to do that. I do not want to risk any chances of losing things that have taken consdierable amounts of time and effort to earn. Thanks for the breakdown of the numbers for me. Seeing in terms of how much covers what demonstrates to me that I definitely need more coverage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
stevnmd said:
With State Farm, my premium went down almost $250 per year from my Pathfinder. I was pleasantly surprised... :)
Who did you have previously? I have Progressive and they've had the most competitive pricing i've found in MD.

GEICO is a joke and Allstate and State Farm are relatively close, but were much higher than Progressive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Well, my insurance went up $49.00 a year since I upgraded from an Acura RSX-Type S to the Titan. Not bad. $80.00/month. I use Amica Insurance, a top rated insurance company which was CONSIDERABLY less than Geico or Progressive or most of the other big name companies. I have been extremely satisfied with them. They are very little known but when my Acura got hammered in a hail storm last year they cut me a check for almost $7,000.00 and everyone else here at work only got from $2500 to $4500 with the same amount of damage. Most of them were insured by Allstate, Farmers, Geico, etc. I definitely like Amica. Check them out. I don't work for them and have no affiliation with them but they definitely took care of me so I am passing the word.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
dman said:
Well, my insurance went up $49.00 a year since I upgraded from an Acura RSX-Type S to the Titan. Not bad. $80.00/month. I use Amica Insurance, a top rated insurance company which was CONSIDERABLY less than Geico or Progressive or most of the other big name companies. I have been extremely satisfied with them. They are very little known but when my Acura got hammered in a hail storm last year they cut me a check for almost $7,000.00 and everyone else here at work only got from $2500 to $4500 with the same amount of damage. Most of them were insured by Allstate, Farmers, Geico, etc. I definitely like Amica. Check them out. I don't work for them and have no affiliation with them but they definitely took care of me so I am passing the word.
Not sure how old you are, but most companies very greatly when you're below 25yrs and have a clean record. After 30 the difference in rates ususally even out. When i was 25 with my Prelude SH i was paying over $1200/yr. At 26 it dropped to $800/yr. Now i'm 32 and only pay about $350-400 per year.

I will check out Amica though just for comparison. Thanx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
TITAN21 said:
are you new TITAN owners paying more or less than you thought for insurance on your new TITAN's?
I am paying less than I was expecting. Since I am 20 years old I thought the insurance might be extremly outrageous. I will pay about $3400 a year, up about $1200 from a 1995 ford ranger. Probably sounds expensive but I live at home :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
tbeecher said:
My coverage is 100000/300000/100000 here in expensive San Diego and I pay 745 a year.

TB
What company are you with? Also, what model of Titan do you have? I am single and I know that if you are married, the rates go down as well. I am gonna have to search around because I am going to be paying $1320 a year. No tickets in last 3 years but I had an accident but was not found at fault. I wonder if this affected my rate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
tbeecher said:
Married, late 40's, clean record, AAA, LE CC

TB
Thanks Tbeecher. I didn't even think to let my company know I have AAA. I might have to tell them and see if that makes a difference. I am currently with State Farm and 32 years old.

Well, I just called Allstate and they actually beat my State Farm quote by $315 a year. However, my motorcycle coverage would go up by $400/yr and and State Farm says they won't insure a motorcycle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
pistonpete said:
What company are you with? Also, what model of Titan do you have? I am single and I know that if you are married, the rates go down as well. I am gonna have to search around because I am going to be paying $1320 a year. No tickets in last 3 years but I had an accident but was not found at fault. I wonder if this affected my rate.
as long as the accident is not your fault you'll be ok. most insurance companies will ask for proof of it though, make sure you have that handy. my TITAN will be coming in march, i have yet to call about rates, i will soon enough. from experience, who costs more to insure, toyota's or nissans? is there really a difference?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
TITAN21 said:
as long as the accident is not your fault you'll be ok. most insurance companies will ask for proof of it though, make sure you have that handy. my TITAN will be coming in march, i have yet to call about rates, i will soon enough. from experience, who costs more to insure, toyota's or nissans? is there really a difference?
Actually the agent at Allstate said even though I wasn't at fault, my rate would still be at a higher rate. This is BS. Because someone wasn't paying attention, I get hammered with a higher rate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no way

pistonpete said:
Actually the agent at Allstate said even though I wasn't at fault, my rate would still be at a higher rate. This is BS. Because someone wasn't paying attention, I get hammered with a higher rate.
no way pete. i had an accident on my record the last 3 years and i have had 3 different insurance carriers during that time, and all saw my proof that i wasn't at fault, and never once raised my rates. don't let that guy give you the run-around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
TITAN21 said:
no way pete. i had an accident on my record the last 3 years and i have had 3 different insurance carriers during that time, and all saw my proof that i wasn't at fault, and never once raised my rates. don't let that guy give you the run-around.
I hope you didn't think I was saying what you were saying was BS. I was just saying that the fact of charging more was BS. I will have to do some more research. Thanks for the info Titan21.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top