Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many thanks to Jason at Burtman Ind. for his help with picking out the intake and exhaust for my truck.

I just loaded a new tune from Randy at Uprev to adjust the mixture for the new parts, and will hopefully get a dyno from that shortly.

I got an S&B intake and Gibson side swept exhaust (Aluminized, as I live in the south). It took about an hour and a half to install both, and they have certainly made the truck a bit louder. My engine leaned out, due to the increased air volume, so my 0-60 times didn't really move, but hopefully Randy's tune will take care of that.

I realized that the 2015 Titan does NOT have a y-pipe from the factory, but two 2.25" pipes coming off the b-pipes and leading to the muffler. Still, I think the single 3" feeding a straight-through muffler is freeing up some exhaust flow.

I did have to hit the exhaust pipe end AND SS tip with the hacksaw. With all the existing parts, the tip dropped my ground clearance to 6". After chopping off metal and about 5" of tip, I now have 9" back there.

On to the pics:

Intake:

Exhaust:
(you can see the two pipes to the muffler on the stock parts)

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Nice, and I can't believe how clean your truck looks underneath. You're only a couple of hours from me, did you do this work yourself?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Installed the S&B intake last weekend, rather easy install. The 2015's have a few small differences but nothing to drastic. There is one bolt under the airbox, this has a rubber boot and just pull up evenly on the stock airbox and it will come right off.

The best part was, I installed it at my jobs shop which is a 45 minute drive each way.

This commute usually is all highway and has me around 14mpg.

Today I saw 16.1mpg on the same commute home.

Seeing 2+mpg increase is the reason I went S&B over the Airraid system, and I'm glad it didn't disappoint.

It is VERY loud at Wot, almost to loud. under part throttle it has a great rumble.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Installed the S&B intake last weekend, rather easy install. The 2015's have a few small differences but nothing to drastic. There is one bolt under the airbox, this has a rubber boot and just pull up evenly on the stock airbox and it will come right off.

The best part was, I installed it at my jobs shop which is a 45 minute drive each way.

This commute usually is all highway and has me around 14mpg.

Today I saw 16.1mpg on the same commute home.

Seeing 2+mpg increase is the reason I went S&B over the Airraid system, and I'm glad it didn't disappoint.

It is VERY loud at Wot, almost to loud. under part throttle it has a great rumble.
Ya, I found that "one bolt -rubber boot wonder" when I changed mine out. I thought I was losing my mind why the box would not release/lift up?? WTF? This is only my third Titan for Pete's sake. Then I thought to myself...great "now how the hell do I access this bolt from underneath!!" In a fit of anger, I yanked the box up and surprise!:big_grin: Initially I expected a 15 minute install. Ha Ha, it took me slightly longer.LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts