Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the big three (Volant CAI, JBA cat-back, BDGT programmer w/ 2* advance) but I have this feeling there's something awesome out there I just didn't notice. Please don't tell me this is the end. I've got my boss coming back from deployment soon and he said he's going to lay a whoopin' down with his hemi. I can't let him win guys. You gotta help me or he'll brag about that day forever.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Truetrac, headers, uprev, hi-flow cats, walker or berk b-pipes, I'm probably missing something :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 1500 hemi. I think an 05 or 06. One thing I am in the gray about is the exhaust combos. I went with the JBA cat-back because they don't lose bottom end like the Banks. I hear the Titans like the stock size pipe and any over with result in a loss of back pressure and anything smaller will result in a weak power at the top. I need to beat him by a big margin. The guys nickname (which I gave him) is talksmack. I know about the UpRev, but isn't that only needed if you are heavily modified? I figure the average joe wouldn't be able to tell a difference between the BDGT and UpRev unless you go mod crazy.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Headers are next & monitor your afrs with your bdgt. Youd most likely be ok. Are u a flex fuel? Oh are u a 4wd or one wheel peel (2wd)?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
No not a flex fuel and I am 4X4. Turbo and Superchargers are out of the question (for now :teeth: ) since he'll be back in a month or so. I'm working with a pretty clean slate and was looking into the true trac, but I think the precious dough I have to dump into this thing would be better spent on HP. I got this truck to be a comuter back and forth to work and a once in a while weekend warrior to the motocross track, but it looks like I've found a new hobby :) It just seems that everything I research doesn't really give you anything. TBS just whistles (from what I've read), Guy at 4 wheel parts told me headers won't give me but maybe 2 or 3 HP and is just for sound, getting rid of cats but that makes it unbearably loud and raspy. Maybe I'll just put a chain on his bumper and hook him to an oak tree XD

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
No not a flex fuel and I am 4X4. Turbo and Superchargers are out of the question (for now :teeth: ) since he'll be back in a month or so. I'm working with a pretty clean slate and was looking into the true trac, but I think the precious dough I have to dump into this thing would be better spent on HP. I got this truck to be a comuter back and forth to work and a once in a while weekend warrior to the motocross track, but it looks like I've found a new hobby :)
Launching in 4wd you will tear his *** up in his hemi!! I've launched in 4wd over 200X on the street/track. Have you ever launched in 4wd and went wide open from a dead stop? It's unreal man:) Word of advise, only do it in a straight line and do not turn in 4wd. Flip it out before turning on the street or the track. At the the track I'll wait at the end for it to come out. Do that and you'll be fine. Who needs trutrac when you have 4wd? We have TRUTRACTION:)

Whoever said headers are only 3 or 4 hp are nuts man! Headers on this truck give you over 20 wheel hp and almost 30tq along with anywhere from .25-.45 gains in the 1/4 mile. Go to the performance section and start reading some of these guys signatures on here that have headers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very true Kewl. That's the original reason I was looking into it. I read in a post on here that the Titans running the fastest 1/4 have the truetrac. Definately an upgrade I will be getting. I am extremely jealous of the guys who are able to put the JWT cams in their trucks, but can't do in the '07. Those JWT cams pull like a beast and don't quit. They also sound awesome.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Launching in 4wd you will tear his *** up in his hemi!! I've launched in 4wd over 200X on the street/track. Have you ever launched in 4wd and went wide open from a dead stop? It's unreal man:) Word of advise, only do it in a straight line and do not turn in 4wd. Flip it out before turning on the street or the track. At the the track I'll wait at the end for it to come out. Do that and you'll be fine. Who needs trutrac when you have 4wd? We have TRUTRACTION:)

Whoever said headers are only 3 or 4 hp are nuts man! Headers on this truck give you over 20 wheel hp and almost 30tq along with anywhere from .25-.45 gains in the 1/4 mile. Go to the performance section and start reading some of these guys signatures on here that have headers.
Haha. That would bring a huge grin to my face. Is it bad to run over a certain speed in 4WD? Like I said this thing gets me to work and back so I don't need to be tearing anything up. That's crazy you get a HP jump like that from the headers! Now I MUST have them. Since I already have JBA exhaust would JBA be the best combo for the headers as well? I guess the guy at the 4wheel parts place doesn't like doing them I guess. Either that or he's got something against money.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Very true Kewl. That's the original reason I was looking into it. I read in a post on here that the Titans running the fastest 1/4 have the truetrac. Definately an upgrade I will be getting. I am extremely jealous of the guys who are able to put the JWT cams in their trucks, but can't do in the '07. Those JWT cams pull like a beast and don't quit. They also sound awesome.
Yea tru trac is good to save the 4wd system but they aren't the ones running the fastest 1/4 times. There are only about 4 of us that run in 4wd on here. The ones that are, are putting down times faster than most mod for mod. Here is a link for the cams you need:) They make them now.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...st-released-jwt-cs2-cam-set-2007-vk56-v8.html

Best headers for the money are Doug Thorley LT's (long tubes). Doesn't matter what headers you get as long as they have been tested by these guys on here. Most run the Doug Thorleys. Check your emissions first in your state though. We don't have any in Ohio.

Reactions: trouse23

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes! So I can get the JWT cams. Wow, I wonder what the dyno read out will be after headers and cams? Enough to be confident against a stock Hemi.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Yes! So I can get the JWT cams. Wow, I wonder what the dyno read out will be after headers and cams? Enough to be confident against a stock Hemi.
You'll gain over 60hp and 60tq with headers and cams. Most guys on here that have headers and cams run low 13's. That's enough to take down about 90% of the sports cars on the street.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Not sure what your so worried about this stock Hemi for anyways? I know u wanna kill him but with what u have and it bein 05 06 Hemi u will have absolutely nothing to worry about. Especially if he is stock, you should rape him.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's awesome. I can't wait. Anything under 14 in a 1/2 ton is fast. That thing is going to sound nasty too. Definately turn some heads. I'm not about the sound as I am the performance, but still. I sure hope I can find a good mechanic here in Tucson who has experience with the headers and cam install. I'd even be willing to drive to Phoenix if there is a guy who is real Titan familiar. I'd do it myself if I had another vehicle, but this has to be done in a reasonable amount of time without any surprises. After these mods I'll be done, maybe : ) I'll put up another post in a couple months after everything is done and include a link to the video of the race. I know I'll win, but I'll need proof when he lies to everyone at work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea tru trac is good to save the 4wd system but they aren't the ones running the fastest 1/4 times. There are only about 4 of us that run in 4wd on here. The ones that are, are putting down times faster than most mod for mod. Here is a link for the cams you need:) They make them now.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...st-released-jwt-cs2-cam-set-2007-vk56-v8.html

Best headers for the money are Doug Thorley LT's (long tubes). Doesn't matter what headers you get as long as they have been tested by these guys on here. Most run the Doug Thorleys. Check your emissions first in your state though. We don't have any in Ohio.
Yeah I do live in Arizona where the only thing that's illegal is the exhaust from your pickup, but I think I remember reading that the 4X4 has 4 cats right? Two by the manifold and two others after. I don't have to pass a test for another year since trucks under 5 years are exempt. Anyway, two cats should be enough to pass I would think. I think Nissans are pretty easy on the emissions anyway (at least I hope so).

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Regardless of how clean the truck runs through the sniffer, it is illegal to take off any cats that the factory put on.

That being said, you need to find someone who will pass the truck regardless of its mods.

Running a titan against a stock hemi will be fun. Make sure he likes how your tail lights light up the front of his truck. Launching in 4wd will give you a huge advantage.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts